Aftermarket Kit Tourer - Dog Guard Fitting (Help)

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Blizzard, Saturday 27th Oct, 2012.

1. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

I've browsed and tried a search on the above but failed to locate any previous posts.

I've just bought a used Honda dog guard for my 2009 Tourer and it fits great into the receptors within the roof lining, but I cannot see what the fixings at the lower corners of the guard fit on to. They consist of a thumbwheel bolt and a plate on the other side, that accepts the bolt, but there's nothing apparent to bolt them through.

If I put the torneau cover in place, this holds the bottom of the guard securely in place, but when the dog arrives in a few weeks time, the torneau cover won't be in use.

Have any of you got one fitted, or know where I could pick up some fitting instructions.

Any help appreciated - Thanks,

Blizz.

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hello Blizz

Try one of these two.

http://dogguardsandcages.com/media/pdf/TDG1045.pdf

http://dogguardsandcages.com/media/pdf/TDG1200.pdf

3. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dog Guard.

Thanks Rob, but neither of those is the same as mine.

Pic courtesy of the net.

Last edited by a moderator: Tuesday 30th Oct, 2012
  4. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Sorry can't help you then Blizz, hopefully someone will be along who can.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Blizz welcome to the club , I will upload the dog fitting instructions for the 8th Generation some time tonight . It will take the guesswork out.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is for the genuine Honda dog guard, aftermarket one is anyone guess.

Hope this helps you

Attached Files:

7. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the welcome and the pdf Ichiban :Thumbup:

It looks like I'm missing the striker plates shown in the parts list. Email enroute to seller to see if he still has them.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Typical impatient moi !!

Sent email to seller, but rather than wait, I spent an hour in the garage and made my own plates earlier, so thanks to Ichiban's pdf, the guard is now fitted.

Hat's off to you sir :Hey:

Ichiban likes this.
  9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Glad you found the info you needed :Thumbup:

10. chris87114 New Member Getting Started

Hello. Thanks for posting the instructions. I also found them very useful. I live in the US where I am considering an Acura TSX wagon. Unfortunately, the dog guard isn't available through Acura so I'm researching if I can use the one from the Accord Tourer. One problem I appear to have is that the mounting points in the roof do not come in the TSX. From everything I can tell, those come from Honda in the Accord Tourer? Or do you have to add them? Does anyone have any guesses as to how these connect to the roof of the car? I'm wondering if I could order that part and put them in the TSX? I cringe at the idea of cutting into the headliner, but if I can determine that it would work, I'd probably go for it. Thanks from across the pond.

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Excellent news get some pictures up buddy so we can see your handy work and it will be beneficial for others with an aftermarket gaurd.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hey Chris and Welcome to AOC :Hey: it would great if you can get a TSX wagon as we can compare notes and mods :Wink:

I can safely say the 8th Generation tourer dog guard will fit into the TSX wagon with some modification as you have right pointed out the top anchor points on the roof line will need fitting. you could get a local technician to cut the roof liner it not a difficult process but need to measure a few times before you cut the roof liner.:Smile:

I will find the information you need for the mod.

13. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hello Chris and welcome from me too. I've only just joined the forum myself and already found it to be very informative.

Unfortunately i am not able to assist with how, or if the receptors are fixed to the inside of the roof once the roof lining is cut.

Mine appear to have been fitted from standard and there is nothing visible to suggest whether they are bonded or screwed to the roof, or just held in place by their fit within the cut out.

Good luck,

Blizz.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Will do, once I've woken up properly from another crap sleep after nightshift !

This guard is the genuine Honda article though and I don't know if the aftermarket models use the same fixings.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Good to hear you got an original one as they are well made. get your beauty sleep and post the picture as and when you can.

15. Blizzard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pics as requested, showing simple 90 degree brackets which I've made to replace the missing striker plates shown in the 8th generation pdf on page 1.

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014