Electrical & Lights Tourer EX Alarm problem

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by RobB, Friday 23rd Dec, 2011.

1. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

One the jobs I've been meaning to sort out, is the alarm on my tourer. Early this year I went to unlock the car via the remote, as soon as it unlocked the alarm went off. I tried relocking and unlocking via the remote and the door locks but nothing would stop it, as soon I unlocked the car the alarm went off. We had a newborn baby at the time so I didn't have time to mess around, so I removed the siren by removing the sub in the boot. Wrapped it in bubble wrap to silence it and waited for the backup battery to run out. I checked the cars battery voltage and at the time it was a bit low, 12.4 V. So I think it was this that messed up the alarm, I charged the battery up and reconnected the siren. The problem is it sounds as soon as I do this. As soon as I plug in the siren it sounds. So my question is: Is there a procedure to be carried out after reconnecting the siren to initiate the system? Or do Honda need to connect it up to their software. The battery is holding its voltage and charge, I think it went low from lots of short journeys.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    try the steps in this article mate, also swap the batteries in your key get two and replace the one in the spare key.

http://hondakarma.com/threads/110/

the 7th Generation alarm is based on the multiplex system so common issues on the non multiplex system is the temperature sensors which can cause the alarm to go funny.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You can also do these two basic test to check if the ultrasonic sensor and the backup alarm battery are ok

Ultrasonic sensor

1 Open the driver's window.
    2 Close all doors.
    3 Lock the doors with the transmitter or the key cylinder.
    4 Wait 25 seconds for activate the security system.

The hazard warning lights and the security indicator brink.

5 Put your hand into the cabin.

• If the siren sounds and hazard warning lights brink, go to step 5.
    • If the system siren doesn't sound and the hazard warning lights don't brink, replace the ultrasonic sensor.

Internal battery of alarm control siren

6 Open the hood.
    7 Disconnect the terminals from the battery.

• If the siren sounds continuously, internal battery is OK.
    • If the siren turns off, replace the alarm control siren.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had similar problem on my 2006 saloon ex,on mine it would go off from time to time not always.changed battery and key fob battery but it still would happen occasionally.in the end I sold the.car and never knew what it was.

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Thanks CJ. When the weather behaves itself I'll have another go. Do you know off the top of your head what batteries the key fobs need?

6. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

7. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Many thanks. I'll get them ordered.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Keep us posted on the developments

9. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Will do CJ. I'll have another go next week after Xmas.
    Cheers Rob.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Rob was this problem ever fixed?

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I call it the weasel devil

12. accor New Member Getting Started

Hi guys and gals,

just wondering if this problem was resolved, i have just had a similar thing happen, i unlock the car and after a few second the internal alarm goes off for maybe 20 seconds goes quite and then sometimes goes off again. i rang two honda main dealers and they both said they hadn't heard of this before and suggested bringing it down to get it plugged in - just wondering if you can advise any solutions?