General Tourer - Questions, questions ...

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Stuart, Friday 5th Dec, 2014.

1. Stuart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart
    Hi All,

What do Tourer owners do for a replacement rear wiper? Changed the front ones for Bosch in Halfwits but they had nothing that'd fit the rear arm?

Was the Tourer fitted originally with a first-aid kit and a breakdown warning triangle?

Regards,

2. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

mmm never changed the rear but Parkers the parts people or a local motor factors will be 5 million times more knowledgable than Halfrauds. Or failing that Holdcroft Honda are superb! I found a genuine blade to be the same price as an after market one for the from from them so go genuine..

I never had a first aid kit or warning triangle in mine when I got it. didnt even have a space saver spare wheel, I had to purchase one from ebay.

Cheers
    Tony

3. Stuart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart
    Hi Tony,

Thanks for the reply. I'll try local motor factors for the rear wiper. As for a first aid kit, mine has a marked compartment on the left-hand side in the rear but nothing in it; a p.o. or the last dealer had various other bits away so I was wondering if one or other had had any first aid kit. :Frown:

Regards,

4. tonygw Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

My theory is that since the car didnt need major repairs and was uber reliable in the previous owners care, unlike german, ford or french alternatives. The previous owner fainted requiring the first aid kit when they finally came around. Hence no hondas have a first aid kit after a couple of years of owner ship since the owners all used them. Lol...Hondas are superb.. merry christmas.

5. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Think I got my rear wiper blade off ebay if I'm honest. Mine doesn't have a first aid kit either, I use the compartment to keep a 1L bottle of 0w30 for top ups.

6. Aspman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Paul
    I got a set from wiperblades.co.uk, just their own brand ones.

Quite cheap and have been absolutely fine.

7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    First air kits never came on the UK spec 7th and 8th Generation. Yes the 7th Generation has the first aid logo on the panel door. You can get Honda first aid kits for extra from Honda dealers. You can get it cheaper from HH as that is the retail price.

As for rear wiper the Honda one are cheaper than the rest and they are made in Japan so the quality of superb, its the same one on the 8th Generation Tourer too.

8. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    I've just picked up a set of three from HH and they were about 9 quid a pop. Just need to figure out how to fit the facelift ones to my PFL.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The passenger one is a easy its a straight swap, the driver side remove the tong shape black piece by unscrewing the two screws then change it. simples.

Last edited: Monday 8th Dec, 2014
  10. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    OK nice one

11. Stuart Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Stuart
    Hi All,

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful. :Thumbup:

Regards,

12. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    Changed mine the other day - no screws to remove so not sure if I've got the new ones or not. Anyways changed them for me and the MOT man so no major worries either way.