General Tourer tailgate manual switch

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Smokingman, Saturday 19th Sep, 2015.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi
    Only had my car about two weeks so just finding my way around it. Two things I want so sort out sooner than later, one the tailgate open switch the rubber cover is coming off. What I would like to know is how to replace this cover? is it attached to the switch or just the car body and acting as a cover, how to remove the trim to get at it, please see pics. The second is the front fog light -replace as glass cracked.

DSC_0011.JPG DSC_0012.JPG

2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

I've not had a tourer, but the long black plastic cover is just clipped on. Easy to remove with a plastic trim removal tool. You can then see how the switch assembly is attached. I think you will need to remove the interior trim too, to remove it completely. You can then also clean up that rust before it spreads.

This guide (on my previous saloon) shows how the long plastic cover is removed. There is also a shot of the switch. I assume yours will be similar.
    Replacing Rear Number Plate Bulb
    Please take lots of photos of how you sort this out, and then add it to your Project Log, so others gain from your efforts. It's how this club works. :goodluck:
    You can even create your own Guide, which will be better still.

3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Nels
    Thanks for the reply, that was the kind of thing I was looking for, one question where did you get the trim removal tools?

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    John you can use a flat bladed screwdriver raped in a cloth to remove the cover if you can't source a removal tool

5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi Brett
    Thanks for the advise, just been looking on Flebay-cheep as chips just that Nels seemed substantial plastic!!

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The set I bought were just a cheap one from ebay.
    IMG_5917 . 1.
    You can use a screwdriver, just as Brett has said. I'm just very fussy, and know that I'd probably damage the paintwork. Also, the set has a decent selection of shapes and sizes of end pieces for the rest of the car too.