Electrical & Lights Tow bar electrics.

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Smokingman, Monday 11th Jan, 2016.

1. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom John Lincoln
    Hi guys.
    My accord tourer is fitted with a tow bar (looks like genuine Honda) the electrics are 13 pin socket with a fused feed direct from the battery (I have removed the fuse from the fused feed) i have no intention to spoil the car with a tin home. I have a bike rack which fits on the tow bar but has a 7 pin plug so changed plug and wired up as per the diagram on the web in conjunction with instructions on plug. Problem is none of the lights/indicators work, using a multi meter I only have continuity between the earth pin and car chassis and no voltage on the relevant pin for lights/indicators. I would like to know is there a control box for the tow bar electrics and where are the electrics likely to be plugged into? Is there a socket? Any help much appreciated.
    Regards
    John.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Any sparky s good with tow bar electrics on HK?

3. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Sorted. Put the fuse back in fused feed which controls the control box for the tow bar-didn't know it had one. We live and learn.

John

4. 2.4 8thGen Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Brett Bristol
    Good result John.
    I have two 12 v feeds on mine and one is for the fridge and the other for a 12 v supply to a charging unit.

5. Smokingman Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi
    I also found anothe fuse under the LH floor were all the cable seem to be. At least I can now use the bike rake.

John