Body, Paint & Styling Tow bar fitting

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Ian, Thursday 4th Apr, 2013.

1. Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I need to get a tow bar for my 2.2 I-DTEC saloon ES GT.
    Just wondering has anyone else ftted this themselves, if so do i need a dedicated wiring or can i use a multi purpose bypass relay and spline them into the wiring loom.
    Any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ian

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Have a look at the wiki section bud.

At the bottom you have the PDF with fitting instructions.:Wink:

3. Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Power cable from battery into cabin

Hi
    I am trying to fit the electrics to my tow bar, and i need a power supply from the battery (this is not a dedicated wiring system).
    I have tried many times to get a cable through were the main wiring loom goes through but it is so full i cannot get a trace wire through.
    Does any one have any ideas, or can i get a supply from else were in the cabin this is 12v 15Amp supply rated.
    many thanks in advance
    Ian

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Ian did these instructions not work for you ?

5. Ian Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have been looking at the instructions again.
    I see there is a fuse box on the right hand side of the boot that you connect the trailer hitch to, or is that part of the dedicated kit.
    If it is there can i connect to this for the power.
    Thanks
    Ian

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Beefy could you tell Ian is that is the case ? I have never installed a tow bars so can say of that box is there or not without looking at the service manual which I don't have access to at the moment.

7. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ian, are you fitting a 13 pin socket for a caravan ? I have the Honda kit to provide power to the rear of my Tourer for both the fridge and the charger supplies, this kit then connects into either a 13 pin or 12S socket at the rear as required. I've not fitted it yet but will try to scan in the instructions for you, they show the route all the way from the alternator to the rear of the car.

- - - Updated - - -

Ian, I looked at the instructions, the loom feeds through the bulkhead in the left wheel arch, through a hole used by the front parking sensors.