Optional Extras Tow Bar For CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Thursday 31st Jan, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I am waiting to have a new tow bar fitted to my CR-V but Bhosal, who I understand make the original fittings, won't supply to independant dealers for six months. Unfortunately, I need it fitting before April so my usual tow bar man is fitting a Witter for £500. The cost of fitting the Honda product by the main dealer is close on £700, so it's really a no brainer.

I found out later that when I had the "Honda" towbar fitted to my Accord by my main dealer, they had farmed it out to the independant guy who is fitting the Witter.

2. vzh7gk Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Graham Cheltenham
    Happens a lot.
    My next door neighbour had a tow bar fitted by an independent, becuase the local MINI dealer couldn't do the job in time. Turns out the local dealer sends all their cars to the same independent for towbar fitting. Better service (and better advice) from the indie at a lower price...

Like you say - a no-brainer.

Cheers,
    Graham

3. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    my 2009 CR-V EX I-CDTI is going in to Western Towing tomorrow for a Witter detachable towbar to be fitted cost £380. £500 sounds expensive.

4. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    It is, but on the Witter site they want £601. That's for a detachable tow bar and a fully wired thirteen pin socket.

5. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    its just over £300 fitted at HH by the way.................with a honda towbar

6. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Is that for a detacheable towbar with full electrics on a thirteen pin socket? Just been back to the Witter site and they now want £576.30 for the full kit.
    The ISO 13 pin series of vehicle specific kits are high quality ISO 13 pin electric kits and contain all the components necessary to provide all legal light functions required for towing in the UK. The kit also contains all the components necessary to provide full power supply and reverse light functions to European specification caravans and all UK specification caravans manufactured from January 2009.

7. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    it is with fitting of full electrics, however not honda genuine (but avaliable at request) 13 pin, single, double, 7 pin etc. detachable and fixed. give HH a ring and see what they can do for you.

Ichiban likes this.
  8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Thanks Beef will get Gaz to get some offers for CR-V Owners this offer is good.

9. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I have just been in touch with the dealer who sold me the car and they want £770 for a detachable towbar with a fully wired 13 pin socket.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Maybe worth a trip to HH, they do a aftermarket hook with electrics ..major saving on the price you have been quoted.

11. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Do you have their address and 'phone no?

12. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    Thanks for that Zoran. I 'phoned Holcraft this morning and they quoted me £399 for a detachable Bosal towbar with full electrics. I'm assuming that is fitted. It's mighty cheap as a Witter bar before fitting is £436.

14. rotcat Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

uk
    Just had a bar fitted this week by indispension a single electric jobbie allin fitting drop plate and bumper protector £210 inc vat

on a 2006 CR-V ctdi

15. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    The answer is to obviously shop around as I paid £380 for a Witter detachable bar with single electrics.