Electrical & Lights Tow bar

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by FOXX, Wednesday 1st Apr, 2015.

1. FOXX Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Dave Hitchin
    Hi All,

Could anyone tell me if having a tow bar fitted to a tourer will affect the operation of the rear parking sensors in any way.

Thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'd assume it's fine unless you're actually towing something and reversing with it.

Hopefully someone who has a Tourer and reverse sensor can give you a better answer.

3. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Depending on where the sensors are fitted, you may need to disable one or two of them (depending on size of towbar etc.), but I think it should be fine. If having the towbar fitted professionally, I'm sure they could provide some advice.

FOXX likes this.
  4. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    If its the standard Honda towbar then I'd have thougt it was designed to work with the genuine parking sensors in place.

I've got a towbar but no sensors so can't be of more help.

5. jimmy1973gb Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Northern Ireland jimmy1973 Ballymena
    Get one of the quick release towbars, they cost a little more but you can remove it and keep it in the boot when not in use, that way it doesnt interfere with sensors.

6. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    If it were me, I would install a cut off switch for the parking sensors like I did with mine. That way you can manually turn them off when you have something attached to your car.

In answer to your question, if the towbar is fitted correctly, I would hope that it wouldn't interfere with the parking sensors. If the sensors are OEM, might be worth a quick phone call to a local dealer and just asking them.