General tow bars

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by lost in france, Saturday 21st May, 2016.

1. lost in france New Member Getting Started

France andy charente
    Hello my first post so go steady
    I've just got a 2007 CR-V and I want to fit a tow bar,has anyone fitted one them selves and where did you buy it from and lastly the electrics do these kits come with the right electrics or can you get a wiring kit form Honda that fits straight on?
    Thankyou

2. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Hello @lost in france and welcome to Honda Karma. Congratulations on getting a CR-V

tow bars have been discussed in great detail for pretty much all generations of CR-V. While you are waiting for CR-V owners to reply might be worth reading these threads to gain a bit more insight :Smile:

OEM Tow Bar and Electric Hookup Information (Guides - )
    Honda towbar woes (Aftermarket Kit - )
    CR-V 2008 tow bar (Aftermarket Kit - )
    2010 EX CR-V Towbar fitting (Aftermarket Kit - )
    Towbar wiring (CR-V/3rd Generation - )
    Towbar for CR-V EX i-CDTi (Optional Extras - )

:Grin: too much info I guess. .happy reading, any questions that haven't been answered already, feel free to ask :Smile:

3. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Andy Surrey
    I use Towbars Direct | Towbars for all vehicles including Audi, BMW, Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Kia, Land Rover, Mercedes, Mitsubishi, Nissan, Peugeot, Range Rover, Renault, Skoda, Toyota, Vauxhall, Volkswagen and many more | Tow bars the we site is a bit rubbish, but give them a call as they are very knowledgeable and helpful.

I have been fitting Towbars for years and always used Witter until I customer supplied a Towtrust bar and they are every bit as good as Witter! but cheaper. And they fit just as well.

Wiring is pretty easy on our year CR-V as there is a wiring plug in the boot on near side behind the boot trim.

legend-ary likes this.
  4. lost in france New Member Getting Started

France andy charente
    About the wiring is it best to get the kit from Honda with the plug or does it come with the above firms wiring specific kit?

5. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think you can specify. Give them a call, very helpful.

6. Tear101 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Lee Northants
    Just had a tow bar fitted to mine and was told by several company's that the Honda wiring kit is a waste of money unless your car is still covered by warrenty.

7. Wizard Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I used the bypass kit supplied by Towbars direct.

Has worked perfectly for 3 years without any warning lights on dash.

k24 likes this.