Optional Extras Towbar for CR-V EX i-CDTi

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by KENQW, Thursday 10th Jan, 2013.

1. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    I am looking to fit a towbar to my CR-V which has parking sensors and camera. Can anyone offer advice as to the best to fit? Does a towball interfere with the parking sensors or is a swan neck a must? I only tow a medium trailer to dispose of garden waste so can i get away with after market electrics or again is a car specific essential? Any help with experiences would be welcome.

Thanks

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi Kenqw,

This is is possible Honda make a kit for it , get some prices from your local dealer I am not aware of third part electrics which will disengage the parking sensors without the splicing and dicing cables, the Honda cables will be all plug and play.

Head over to Honda-access website and under you car specification you will find this to be ideal for your car

Detachable T/H + 7 Pin Harness

With the full automatic Detachable Trailer Hitch you can tow your caravan or trailer with a maximum towing capacity of 1,500 to 2,000 kg depending on engine / transmission type and a vertical weight of 100 kg. 7 Pin Harness included.

Includes: Detachable Trailer Hitch 08L92-SWW-601A + 7 Pin Trailer Harness 08L91-SWW-612N - Not suitable for trailers with LED rear indicators - Can be combined with Parking Sensors, Rear Skid Plate & Rear Aero Bumper - If combining with Genuine Accessory Rear Parking Sensors use Trailer Hitch Sub-Harness 08L91-SWW-Sub to automatically turn off Rear Sensors when Trailer Harness is connected.

You can also get a Fixed tow bar

Fixed T/H + 7 Pin HarnessWith the Fixed Trailer Hitch you can tow your caravan or trailer with a maximum towing capacity of 1,500 to 2,000 kg depending on engine / transmission type and a vertical weight of 100 kg. 7 Pin Harness included.

1.JPG

Includes: Fixed Trailer Hitch 08L90-SWW-602 + 7 Pin Trailer Harness 08L91-SWW-612N - Not suitable for trailers with LED rear indicators - Can be combined with Parking Sensors, Rear Skid Plate & Rear Aero Bumper - If combining with Genuine Accessory Rear Parking Sensors use Trailer Hitch Sub-Harness 08L91-SWW-Sub to automatically switch off Rear Sensors when Trailer Harness is connected

Combined part number 08L90-SWW-7PIN

3. KENQW Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ken Devon
    Thanks for the comprehensive reply, it is greatly appreciated. I shall certainly investigate the Honda options. The local fitters I have had quotes from offer lots of options with after market electrics and also manufacturers wiring kits but can't offer advice as to how they work or whats best. So thanks again.
    Ken

4. Slimbaldy Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Leeds
    Mine as bought second hand came with a writter tow bar (permanently attached) its done well with trailers an a water bowser. Yet to try a caravan with it yet. Certainly doesn't interfere with the parking censors.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What marking does it have does it have a Honda stamp on it or a witter one.

6. Beefy Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Stoke
    ime sure gaz will post a price on here for a towbar fitted at HH. i have the figure in mind but ime not quite sure and wouldn't want to post the wrong price. we can fit genuine towbars and wire harness of course but what has been popular is fitting a gen towbar but non gen electrics. we have had no issues with parking sensors, i would reccomend a detachable though. looks so much better if you don't tow regular to be able remobe the swan neck.

7. Ian Fielding New Member Getting Started

ianf
    hi can anyone tell me whether the Detachable Trailer Hitch 08L92-SWW-601A fits a 2009 CR-V? Many thanks Ian

8. Nels Moderator Staff Team

This is the list of accessories for the 2009 CR-V.

Just found the 601A on the 2012 list.
    I would therefore think it will not fit.

9. Ian Fielding New Member Getting Started

ianf
    Hi all, I am looking to buy a new towbar and have found a detachable one model 08L92SWW-601A. It was fitted on a 2012 CR-V but mine is a 2009, would this still fit?

Many thanks to anyone that can help Ian

10. Ian Fielding New Member Getting Started

ianf
    Many thanks Nel

11. Nels Moderator Staff Team

@Ian Fielding, I've just found you an answer to this question on your original posting.
    Please don't post the same question in different places.
    I will move this thread to the CR-V section in a few minutes.

12. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You should probably merge the two threads together Nels.

13. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:Wink:

SpeedyGee likes this.