CR-V/3rd Gen Towbar wiring

Discussion in '3rd Generation (2006-2012)' started by somersetsav, Monday 3rd Mar, 2014.

1. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi all,
    I managed to get hold of a Honda specific tow bar wiring loom for a 7 pin plug for my CR-V. The Honda part number is 08L91-SWW-612N. It is a plug and play loom bit didn't come with instructions. I just want to clarify one of the connections but don't seem to be able to sources the instructions anywhere.

I don't suppose anyone has a copy they would be happy to scan and send to me, or if anyone cAn point me I the right direction for some?
    Thanks in advance
    Chris

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to HK Chris, is this for your car?

3. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi, thanks for the welcome.
    Yes it is for my gen 3 2.2dtec CR-V.
    Chris

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    so its an I-DTEC engine and not the I-CTDI is that correct? Which year is your CR-V?

Thanks

5. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi ichiban,
    That is correct. It is an I-DTEC, one of the very last gen 3's produced. It is a 2012 model.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    cool I am on the hunt.

7. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  9. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks ichiban, these seem to refer to a gen4 or wiring in an non standard plug. I'll look again when I get home with this info and see if it helps.
    Thanks for your time
    Chris

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yeah I know but I reckon the principle will be the same..TBH I can't find any wiring diagram for the late 3rd Generation..sorry :Frown:

11. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I couldn't find anything either.

Thanks for your help, hopefully it will point me I the right direction.

Chris

12. somersetsav Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just a quick update. It took a couple of hours but I managed to fit the wiring with relative ease. Slight issue getting the indicators to work but eventually traced that to a fault with the trailer lighting board.
    Managed to break a couple of clips in the process but all seemed to go well from the car point of view. Just need to source replacements for those which is proving tricky for one of them but I am sure I will find it eventually!
    Very pleased, thanks for your help Ichiban.

Ichiban likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    @somersetsav :GoodJob: sorry its taken an eternity to acknowledge I hope its running perfectly.