Body, Paint & Styling Towbars on a Accord 58 Tourer

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by southerscale, Friday 16th Aug, 2013.

1. southerscale Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was thinking of buying a towbar for my 58 Plate EX 2.2 Accord Tourer but Honda prices seem a litttle steep so I was looking at other options.
    In the manual it points to the fact there is a connector on the loom for electrics of the tow bar on the right hand side cargo bay. The problem being the audio system is there before I start pulling the linings apart will I be on the right track. And if I don't do it myself who would people recomend to fit a bar around the NorthWest as I could easily turn the electrics to a 5 bar fire if I made a fundemental mistake with all the electrics I am trying to weigh up my options

2. southerscale Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Bought and fitted myself a Witter towbar from P F Jones with electical kit dedicated for Accord everything works fine and was easy to fit. If I had to do it again I could do it in three hours. One complaint would those little clips that hold the plastic bumper to under panels were rusty to a point of being rotten its only 5 years old. Pity Mr Honda does not make them it A4 stainless to resist road salt.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which manufacturer makes stainless steel bolts to fasten bumpers and trims. It our climate which is not suitable for them.. Having said that the car also requires a undercarriage wash every three months to ensure these bolts don't seize up or rust.

In the last 5 years how many times has your undercarriage been thoroughly cleaned?

SpeedyGee likes this.