Optional Extras Towing With My CR-V

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Robbie, Monday 22nd Apr, 2013.

1. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I am taking my caravan in this morning for its first service, and it will be the first time that I have towed with my CR-V. It's a journey of about twenty-five miles so I should get some estimate of fuel consumption when towing. I'll report later.

- - - Updated - - -

I took my caravan in this morning and no problem towing. My 'van is 1500kg and the CR-V towed it with ease. I stuck rigidly to the speed limits, and no more than 55mph on the M58 and M6. Upon arrival the computer readout gave an average consumption of 35.6mpg. I don't know how accurate the trip computer is, but if the figure is right then I'm well pleased. I won't really know until I go away in the caravan and can check on the full to full method.

Bowler likes this.
  2. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Not bad going Robbie, even if the computer read out is off by a couple of MPG,that's still pretty good.

3. Robbie Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Robert Lancashire
    I forgot to mention that I had a problem on my caravan and the battery was not fully charged, so I was unable to use the motor mover. We manhandled the 'van on to the drive and I reversed on to the drive to hitch up. The rear view camera is brilliant. It shows the tow ball and takes guesswork out of the equation, so no problem hitching up.

Toggerefc likes this.