Tools Toyota/Lexus Mini-VCI? Will software do?

Discussion in 'Tools & Equipment' started by kentlegend, Wednesday 27th Apr, 2016.

1. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Vasilis Kent
    Does anyone know,

Will HDS work with a Toyota / Lexus Mini VCI?

Cheers
    Vasilis.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Clue is in the name :-
    HDS = Honda Diagnostic System
    HIM = Honda Interface Module.

4. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I only wondered as in any advert they list Toyota and Honda together with the same cable... so they might use the same hardware? But the software only differ?

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Show us this advert please mate. The new Denso DST-i may do that in the future have a look at this Honda diagnostic Tools- New Version out Denso DST-i (In-Depth - )

But HDS won't interact with Toyota's famous last words.

6. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I got my self a USB lead and HDS. Just need to install it to the car.
    I could not find the adevt anymore I thought I put it in my watched items on ebay, but it is not there.

Will I be able to adjust the steering angle sensor after I do tracking on the car?
    I don't want the Lane Assist and Adaptive Cruise Control to get messed up.

I would have gone to the local Honda in Canterbury, but most if not all they hadn't seen a Legend KB1 before (not very good in a way lol).
    So I am not very confident to leave the car with them. Also their service department waiting list is 25days before they can see the car?!!! lol

My tracking is not out, I had it checked, but my steering needs to be very slight to the left to go straight.

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That's a tracking issue not a config issue.

When you take your car for tracking, they first should fix the steering in a dead straight position and then do you're tracking.

How did they determine the tracking is not out if they didn't lock the steering wheel ?

I would take it elsewhere to have the tracking checked properly.

8. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

They have fixed the position to the straight position and the tracking checked. However the Hunter machine will not talk to the Honda system and it advices to take to Honda to be reset after tracking is done.
    My Audi's etc other cars that needed the steering angle sensor reset previoustly the Hunter machine was doing them fine. But for the Honda for some reason it advices it needs to be taken to Dealer.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Ok in that case, there must be some option in the HDS to do this. I've not ventured in to this sub system in HDS so I'm not sure what the options are.

The only way to find out would be to connect your HDS up and have a snoop around, drill down to the Steering sub section and see what options you have in there.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of this can you post your camber spec sheet here please. LKAS and ADAS has no adjustment for tracking I can look up the WSM to confirm this but I will surprised to see any adjustment for S-AWD either.

11. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Legend Track29042016.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Is that before or after ? can we have both side by side please.

13. kentlegend Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We have not made any adjustments. The car was within tollerance as you can see in the picture hence we have not touched anything.
    However my steering wheel is a bit out, which needs adjusting, however since the Hunter machine it was indicating that cars fitted with ACC and LKAS needed to be plugged in after the adjustments were made for the steering angle sensor to be reset. I can only assume for the car to know where is straight.

14. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

That makes no sense to me at all. You lock the steering straight when doing tracking, so if the tracking is all correct and the steering was locked straight, how then does it not be straight afterwards ?