Engine & Gearbox Tps

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by jeffers, Tuesday 14th Aug, 2012.

1. Hello all, codes read p1248-p2138-throttle position sensor,rare for these to go , can anyone tell me if they can be cleaned,plus don't no where the sensor is positioned.many thanks.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Have a look at this diagram

B__2316.

Not sure about whether it can be clean, you maybe able to remove it and clean with electrical contact cleaner.

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Jeffers, I see you've got multiple posts asking the same questions. It's best not to duplicate questions across threads.

As you been advised the TPS is not known to fail.

I've read that removing the electrical connector, cleaning the contacts and reconnecting can eliminate the codes that your getting for the TPS.

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    As rightly pointed you can clean and reassemble, but from personal experience and opinion the diesel ECU made by Bosch is of a very poor design .The sensors on the diesel are so hyper sensitive, it down to poorly engineered ECU software and voltage threshold. The engine environmental sensor has a habit going into overdrive mode with countless DTC being logged when it senses the minute variation of atmospheric pressure. The most common is when the sensors log DTC when there is variance of smallest voltage drop or open circuit , they tend to increase when the charging system and battery are not in good working order.(Ensure you battery terminal are securely in place and CLEAN and lightly coated with petroleum jelly)

DTC as the name suggest the Diagnostics Troubleshooting Codes they are not set in stone, they give you clues to the fault or symptoms they should be viewed as hints and tips to fix to particular fault and NOTHING more. I strongly suggest don’t go into hardware swapping mode on just by looking at these codes ,you will lose the will to live and will start believing a remap is your saviour, there are loads of file uploaders who would jump on this scenario.

Now the caveat to this is if YOU NOTICE a performance drop or erratic engine behaviour on a consistent or a flat line basis then you have concerns which need addressing. I now have stopped believing the DTC code being dished out by the diesel car, all the cars I see now for friends and family have DTC register logfile for each car. I make a graphical historical register which shows me trends . They come back for regular DTC scans and data captures and are compared and I can see the pattern to the fault before spending £ at fault with no end in sight.

At time I hook the HDS on their car for 45 minutes run to get a full snap shot of the cars health and majority of the times they are red herrings, it’s an exceptional piece of rubbish German engineering. You don’t get these massive mood swings on the Keihin designed petrol ECU the parameters they are so rock solid , when you have a DTC on the car its 95% chances the fault is accurate.

If you find DTC code on your diesel accord note them then clear them and get the car scanned on regular basis to see when they come back. If there is trend developing then we have underlying fault and it then worth going into the depth of the fault and systematically fixing it. I again highlight my free diagnostic services to all members. You will get straight talking and honest answer and no pressure sales tactics to line my pockets.

ITS FREE for my time.

Denny26355 and AccordCU2 like this.
  5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Jeffers any luck with your issue?