Suspension, Steering and Brakes Tracking (Wheel Alignment) Left rear Camber Out (2006 Accord I-CDTI)

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Accord_N22, Wednesday 7th May, 2014.

1. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Guys

I got my Accord tracked a couple weeks ago and all the toe adjustments were fine.
    However the rear left camber seems way out. at -1.58 (limits being -0.30 to -1.30)

What would be the cause of it? Would I need to change one of the rear arms?
    I am aware the Accord does not have rear cambver adjustment at the rear would be worth upgrading the rear with camber adjuster arms?

By leaving it as it is would it do any harm?

Thanks guys

See below for tracking print out

IMAG1133-Copy_zps7838e753.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not sure if the facelift 7th Generation suffers rear camber issues like the pre facelift. After market rear camber adjustment arms are almost on the PFLs.

I'm not sure they are needed on FL 7th Generation.

Lets see what others say.

3. hondream Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Simon Walsall
    Are you getting uneven tyre wear on the rear tyres?

If it ain't broke, then i would leave it.
    But i agree, it would be better if all the readings were within specifications.

4. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks speedy /hondream

I just put a brand new set of tyres on the car (well a previously stored set I had spare from the Prelude)

Just wanted to know if it was an easy fix - I assume it would be either a new camber arm or new camber arm bushes (expensive )
    Ill leave it for now and monitor it. I don't think tyre wear will be very significant on the rears anyways

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm about to swap my adjustable camber arms from my old car onto my Facelift, I would definitely say it's worth while as it's the only way you're going to be able to bring it into spec. @Ichiban will know more about whether the tracking issues are as relevant on the Facelift as the Pre-Facelift.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks Ichiban.
    Good info there. Will look into that. :Smile:

8. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

CL1 ? Accord Euro ?

10. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

2006 CL1 chassis? it says 2003 - 2007 Accords but thought the CL9, CM TSX rear suspension was similar to the CL1 diesel chassis? or are they completely different?

11. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

Looked into this and from what I can see they will fit just fine.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I wouldn't buy those Japspeed arms domestically, they're a generic part rebranded by tons of different manufacturers, save £20+ by getting them imported. Moreover, nothing deal breaking but I'm buying more for my new Accord and decided against buying that type again, my old set are so rusted and seized after just a year, my tracking guy said they were a ballache to work with too. Just sharing my experience, they will do the job mind.

I've just ordered myself a set of these which I'm also going to seal against the elements and grease up on the threads (also ordered ball joints for the front camber arms too). Not as pretty, but we're talking suspension arms here :Laughing:

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

I;ve had the JapSpeed ones on my car for sometime now and had tracking redone a couple of months back, the AlignMyCar guys in Dudley had no issue whatsoever adjusting the arms, despite them having been on the car for sometime.

The trick (as you hinted above yourself DD) is to keep the threads and the nuts greased up. I regrease them at every 5K service I do.

Last edited: Tuesday 20th May, 2014
  14. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I think with my alignment guy he was grumpy as he wasn't familiar with tracking the Accord, he was at first trying to align it as a Civic on the Hunter machine and wondering why the set-up was different :Laughing:

The greasing is a must though else they'll end up like my old ones, they were semi "lubricated" out of the box and I should have figured that wouldn't be enough.

15. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks guys :Smile:
    Duly Noted.
    Will be something I want to tackle but probably last on my list. Camber should be ok for now though.
    I would be tempted to get the ones Deviatedefiant posted up as they look OEM.

Will the revised Honda camber arms not sort this?

16. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

One of the reasons I got them too, there's parts you want people to notice - camber arms aren't really one of them.

The revised camber arms still aren't adjustable, if IIRC Honda intentionally have made sure the camber isn't adjustable - someone like @Ichiban can fill in the details as to why.

17. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Honda and other Japanese car manufacturer will not want to give adjustability to suspension for various reasons, 1) Regional and legal compliance , I am sure department of of transports around the world will not advise suspension set up with adjustments 2) Too many grey area for things to go wrong in the wrong hands. 3) it far easier to change a part and it will fall back into specification.

The legal ramification of a technician getting the check nuts tight and ensuring it locked into place during its serviceable life is unknown. That way all of these aftermarket kit provider will have the clause "not suitable to road" as their get out jail free card from compliance.if you fit for road use they have mitigated their risk.

Accord_N22 and DeviateDefiant like this.
  18. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks ichiban. That does make sense. I know the manufacturers always play it safe especially in a world where it is so easy to take companies to court

Ichiban likes this.