General trim adhesive

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Tanna, Wednesday 29th Jun, 2016.

1. Tanna Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

I have the optional extra trim garnish for dashboard on my car had to remove and now need to put them back on which double side adhesive can I used I tried a few and they keep falling off.

Messaged defiant but didn't get a response as I recall he removed them and refitted.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    He's sat on a beach unplugged hopefully.

4. Nels Moderator Staff Team

The surfaces need to be completely free of all dust and dashboard cleaner/treatment. If anything is left, the trim will not stick.

I've used the standard double sided foam rolls (for trim and number plates) from Halfords.

5. jd1959 Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Ireland Zack Kilkenny
    Remove all the old residue and then clean with one of the following IPA, methylated spirits, acetone or if incredibly careful cellulose thinners (warning on this one it can melt plastic and soften paint if left sitting on it but will remove scotch guard). Then use a good quality double sided tape (3M has never done me wrong) either foam or thin depending on what your needing.

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Also the temperature of any adhesive to bond and set has to be above 21 degrees any colder the adhesive will not set. so if it cold warm the areas up with a heat gun from a distance or wait for a mega hot day.