Body, Paint & Styling Trim removal question

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Phil1978, Wednesday 12th Feb, 2014.

1. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Sorry for the silly question, but how does the trim surrounding the sat nav DVD drive come off? I've given it a few tugs but no joy yet and I don't want to break it by doing it incorrectly.

Thanks.

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    If it's never been taken off it will feel like it doesn't want to budge but gentle (or maybe not so gentle) tugs will have it out.
    I think there's two screws on the bottom of it too. You'll see them once you have the ash tray part out completely. After that it's just a case of tugging it out.

Ichiban likes this.
  3. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Top Man, I'll give that a go.

4. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    Here's 2 pictures of the piece you're trying to remove. One of the back to show the clips and the other to show it's fixings.

14. 15.

Tip: when refitting put a little copper grease on the top clips that way if you need to remove it later it's far easier.

You'll need to work at each clip from the side and above, wiggle it back and forth and it will eventually come loose.

Phil1978 likes this.
  5. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Superb, thanks for the pics

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  7. Phil1978 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Phil Salisbury
    Do you remember how much the kit was CJ? I am a bit of a ham fisted oaf when it comes to interior trim :Foolish:

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Just pull out the ashtray, undo the screws holding that section in, pull it out. You'll then see the left/right bottom screws for the Sat Nav fascia, once they're removed it's really easy to get the fascia out. Worth noting my DVD drive isn't secured with the mounting rails mind, you can blame the previous owner for that.