Service & Maintenance Trouble removing wing mirror glass

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by Texmexpol, Monday 16th Feb, 2015.

1. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Okay, there is a lot of info on this, but few pictures. I must be missing something. Most people say "just insert a screwdriver and twist." Since I don't want to break the glass (trying to solve the overextended mirror problem). Something tells me the US and UK versions are different. Here's a picture. There are two of these white knobs held in a socket. Can anyone tell me if just need to pry harder or do something different? If there's a thread with this info, please post it. I've looked but can't find it. Thanks. 2005 CR-V petrol, standard transmission, electric/heated mirrors. WP_20150216_12_27_16_Pro.

2. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Never mind. I was prying on the wrong part. Sorry for the trouble. Any diagrams out there for the swing out assembly? Trying to take it apart to access the gears...

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  4. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I think the diagrams are missing the actual swivel assembly. Thanks anyway.
    - - - Updated - - -
    Oh, now I see it. But it's not the same as mine. I'll look at it more closely later. I gave up for now and put it all together. It looks like the gears are not synchronized correctly. Each time I collapse the mirrors, and extend them, they extend a little more until finally they are way overextended. For now I have it set right and just won't be collapsing them until I fix it right. Gotta do some research. Thanks again.

5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  6. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks. I'm afraid the last option is going to be my only hope. Replace. :Frown:

7. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Sorry to read you've got to replace. Hope the sorts it out for you.

8. Texmexpol Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

For now, I'm just not not using the retractable mirrors. Not sure it's repairable, so when I have more time, I'll look into it again. If not, maybe I'll try to find the part at a junkyard in the US when I visit this summer.