Electrical & Lights TSX ECU + Flash pro for the CL9

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by gzob, Wednesday 17th Jul, 2013.

1. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I am looking hard for a used TSX 07-08 MT ECU to use it with a Hondata FlashPro. Does anyone know where I can source one?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That states will be best call to buy the ECU contact britaccord aka Carl on here. He has gone this mod and he can give you some advice.

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I'm following suit on this one too before long, there's a good few TSX ECUs floating about on eBay with international shipping.

4. Accord-Brit Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

contact Autofair honda on the k20a.org forums they can supply you with the ECU(NEW) and Hondata flashpro + the ECU harness (2 wires and a block plug connector) you need to plug the harness in underneath the dash on the drivers side (uk cars) or passenger side (US cars) then the other end into the back of your OBD2 plug under the dash beside the drivers knee you can't miss it it's easily viewable along the bottom lip of the dash colored grey (uk cars) there's a couple of write ups on how to do it and when your flashpro arrives it comes with the instructions identical to the ones found on hondata's website (based on a US car) once you have the harness plugged in correctly you can go to your local Honda dealer (in the uk they all charge different amounts for this 30 minute task sp shop around) then you can carefully drive home and load in a base map = )

I had issues getting them to program my ECU in as i followed the hondata instructions which are wrong for the uk car luckily i managed to remove the green block connector from behind the glove box and place it in the right connection box over the drivers side, two people have done this now Kane Benfield was the first then mine so if you get stuck one of us can help.

5. gzob Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for the reply. Fortunately I can replace the ECM myself (I have the tools to reprogram the immo) and have access to the Hondata can wires. I also have a dealer FlashPro from Hondata which can reprogram all vehicles with a license. I only miss the TSX ECU. BTW, I haven't seen any on ebay. Only 04-06 models.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

How hard is the task for a novice Carl? Any chance you could provide a rough estimate of the cost involved? I've a few things to get to first but this is one of my eventual plans too.

7. Accord-Brit Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

$1350 i paid for the Flashpro-harness-ECU-thermal intake manifold gasket, then another £50 for Honda to code the ECU to my car and import duty was about £20-30 i can't remember the exact amount rough total of £954 it really isn't cheap = ( you can try to get a used ECU from an american scrapyard over the internet but for the risk of it being bust for $100 less a new one from Autofair honda is the better way to go.

8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

That's about the smack to my wallet I was expecting lol. I know you're far more heavily modded, but how were your performance gains on the new map? Part of getting my clutch uprated as to prepare for the customisation in the future.

9. Accord-Brit Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I still haven't had it dyno'd yet i'm waiting to fit my VTC cam geat today and get my DIY 3" intake welded up then i'll be getting vit viper fron flashpro tuning to tune it over the internet, followed by signing up to the Edyno too see what it's running, i'm expecting around 230-240bhp after i put a base map on you could tell it was faster bringing the VTEC point down helps the most as tbh the standard kick in is far too high.

10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

I will say there's a serious amount of work gone into your motor mate, be interested to see how it all pans out most especially the low band torque figures. Any plans to go for the Comptech Supercharger kit in the future? Pumping 5psi it hits out 50bhp and 30lb/ft as standard.

11. Accord-Brit Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was looking more at rotrex or a turbo kit for a 450bhp target but this is a long way off, plenty more handling upgrades to do first and visual.

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Geez mate, some big ambitions. You're heading on course for one of the UK's most powerful CL9s.

SpeedyGee likes this.