In-Depth Tunap 973 Micro Flex TÜV Approved Petrol Fuel Cleaner

Discussion in 'Technical Articles' started by Ichiban, Friday 20th Dec, 2013.

1. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I was at HH last week getting my car MOT's and saw a few petrol cars being treated to this stuff, I enquired more about this and was advised this cleaner is approved by Honda. Its approved by Honda I have to try this out .

I have been using BG44k on my wives car for some years now , just before a major service I dropped a can of this cleaner the results were good and the car felt good. However BG44K has change it formulation to to a Kerosene based cleaner. Anyone who know Kerosene is bad for piston bores and piston rings, however the concentration is so low the damage will be minimal but with repeated use it will make an affect.

So why use a Kerosene based cleaner at all? when Tunap 973 is free from it and the best thing it is half the price of BG44K. Tunap also have a additive\cleaner which is approved for all DPF equipped vehicles.

I have popped this both into my tourer and will remove the throttle bodies to reveal their effectiveness.

If anyone is interested in buying this cleaner can contact HH they have a special offer at the moment for AOC members.

Tunap petrol 973.
    TUNAP Petrol 973 -2.

Features by manufacturer

ROA-Technology (Reactive Organic Amines Technology):
    • Complex substance made of the innovative technology of reactive organic substances.
    • Extraordinary cleaning power thanks to the Clean Up.
    • Perfect compatibility and miscibility with fuels with different percentages of gasoline and ethanol.
    • Prevents corrosion caused by ethanol.
    • In the event of dirt or poor fuel, shows the consumption and the values of the exhaust gas to the nominal values of the new car provided by the manufacturer.
    • Reactivate the fuel and optimize the burst in the combustion chamber through an injection perfect.
    • Maintains clean the fuel system over time due to the effect keep clean.
    • Protects from water condensation and prevents acid formation.
    • Effectively cleans the intake valves (not in a plant for direct injection), the combustion chamber and exhaust valves thanks to the technology ROA.

2. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

So Honda recommend it, then again so does VW and Audi - as a result would you recommend it?

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well the German manufacturer will approve it as its TÜV Approved :Lipsrsealed:

Honda will approve this over here as it local vendor saves the carting of an approved Asian vendor which will be higher due to the yen and shipping! So to answer your question yes I have been using it on my 2.0 Tourer never had to use it on the 2.4 yet.

4. candobill Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

is this stuff the same as catclean m8 or is it for something else? :Unknown:

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Never heard of catclean before this just had to look it up , I can't say how aggressive catclean is where tunap is a fuel cleaner read the article at the bottom is suggests its operating parameters.

6. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Managed to get two bottles for a tenner from my local Vauxhall dealer - they said the offer is national.

Anyway so far I'm delighted with the results produced. With half a tank usage I have noticed that the car comfortably idles at over 1k whereas before it would keep on dipping below it and threat to stall when in neutral. Also I think the car is more willing to rev up but that could just be my imagination so I'll keep that as a maybe.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    That is good to know.. :Thumbup: I was pleasant surprised with them too. Its advisable to change the oil after this treatment well the manufacture won't state it but that curd will go into the engine oil.

So best fill up the tank bung a the treatment and when the fuel tank is really finished change the oil. so time your oil changes accordingly.

8. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Ah I didn't think about that - next service is at August or December this year so I will use the second bottle right before then, hopefully all the gunk cleaned by this bottle doesn't harm the engine.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Naah it won't harm the engine at all mate. just made the engine oil a bit more dirtier.

Chunkylover53 likes this.
  10. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

The effects wore off around a month after I used a can. The car is back to its nearly stalling, hesitant self - other than that it drives like a dream. Methinks the EGR needs to be cleaned.

11. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Check the Throttle Body for carbon build-up too :Friends:

12. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Nice one, I'll add that to the list

13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    There is a EGR clean up guide for the 6th Generation bud just search for it, the new search is a million times better than the older VB search which was hit and miss.

You will get guaranteed search results now:Grin: