Turbo f18b2?

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by Rastaj, Monday 20th Oct, 2014.

1. Rastaj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Rastaj Templemore
    Well lads I have recently got my hands on a 6th Generation accord as a project and fancy doing something different. Just wondering if anyone has ever heard or knows anything about putting a turbo into a f18b2 accord. What exactly would I need for this any help much appreciated. Thanks

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Welcome to Honda Karma :welcome:

Put your car in our club garage with as much detail as you can to help us identify and assist you further. Also, feel free to introduce yourself and tell us a bit about you.

I am sure someone will be able to help answer your specific questions.

3. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Is it possible? Sure - with a lot of hard work and thousands of pounds

Is it worth it? Not a chance - you're much better off dropping in a H22 engine from the Type-R instead. Considering that they can be picked up for around £800 you're much better off going down that route. Accept the F18B2 as an economy car.

H22A7 has 209bhp so a huge improvement over our 136bhp engines.

Or you can cut all the hassle and get a Type-R for 1.5k (recaro seats, better styling etc)

4. Rastaj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for reply man.Conversions aside what would be needed just out of intetest ?

5. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As far as I know you won't be able to just buy the turbo and required components. It will all have to be bespoke to your car - I'm sure some guys here can recommend people but I'm almost certain it will come to 2-3 grand.

I've never fully explored it due to the astronomical costs involved however so if you do find something opposing what I've mentioned then please drop it here.

6. Rastaj Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks for your input man much appreciated will consider conversion all the same

7. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    H22A7 is definitely the easiest route. For a turbo you're looking at the charger itself, turbo manifold, custom intake piping, some wiring work, a pre-made ECU or a programmable ECU taken to a tuner for proper custom tuning. You've also got to consider how much pressure the stock head can take, wastegates etc.

You'll find off the shelf kits for many of the popular high-end engines, but not the F18B.

Bang for buck, another engine drop-in makes a lot more sense - especially if you then consider turbo'ing that :Wink: