Engine & Gearbox Turbo overboosting help

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by vagmotors, Wednesday 27th Feb, 2013.

1. vagmotors New Member Getting Started

ely
    Hi all

I have a honda accord 2.2 diesel on 105k 2004

The problem is blue smoke on idle and acceleration and the garage put it on their diagnostics which has come up as turbo overboosting. Basicly if you rev it up quickly it will cut out as well.

the engine light is currently on

I need a turbo for it although i can find some on ebay. Are all the turbos the same from 03-08 on these or are they different?

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hello and welcome is your car remapped?

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Just thinking out loud.... could a blown turbo give same symptoms as over boosting ?

The oil being pushed into the engine will burn with diesel, hence blue smoke and cutting out on quick revving ??

4. vagmotors New Member Getting Started

ely
    The car is not remapped

5. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

If I remember correctly these are variable vane turbos. If the vanes stick they can over boost.
    Which still requires turbo replacement.

6. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    I have heard of a turbo with sticking veins due to soot accumulation. The owner opened the turbo and cleaned the control mechanism for the turbo veins which provided an effective repair and the turbo was reinstated.

But if the car is also blowing blue smoke it would also suggest worn oil seals which would require a refurbishment or replacement.

7. tree of life Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

You can clean them out manually. On vag cars, there's a procedure to open and close vanes from the ECU which acts as a clean. Maybe honda have a similar one? However you'd be best off cleaning it out as you'd be able to check the seals too.

Ideal time for a hybrid turbo :Tongue:

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Hi VG any updates for us?