Engine & Gearbox Turbo whine?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by schipper, Thursday 30th Jun, 2016.

1. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tone Rugby area
    Hi guys, I've only had my 74000mile Diesel a week and it runs really well but I've noticed a whine/whistle from what I assume is the turbo when the engine is cold. It is not very loud and goes on (when accelerating) until the engine is warm, then disappears. Is this normal and am I being paranoid or should I do something about it (I have a fifteen month parts and labour warranty)?

2. Davej5 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dave Cornwall
    Mine is the same and I read that they all ways did it even when new, I would not worry about it.

3. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    This is completely normal and I'd be worried if it didn't happen! I think it's a pretty nice sound...

4. macquatic Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland mac Highland
    Yes, it's normal.
    I was a bit concerned myself before I bought my CR-V but did a bit of research on here (before joining actually!) and other sites and settled my nerves about the whine.:Smile:

5. schipper Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Tone Rugby area
    Thanks all, guess I should have done some research before asking the question, but you have certainly put my mind at rest and for that I am extremely grateful.
    Tone