Aftermarket Kit Turning Japaneso???

Discussion in '1st Generation (1995-2001)' started by slat4090, Thursday 11th Oct, 2012.

1. slat4090 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi again,
    I have a CR-V import, which I bought about 5 years ago. The sound system inside is pretty good, but I am limited to what I can do with it due to all menus being in japanese. There is a Navigation system, TV, Tape, CD, Radio and an Alpine Aux unit in the passenger footwell. I understand that I won't be able to pick up any TV without a digi reciever. Japanese radio stations are only broadcast on a limited FM bandwidth, so I cannot pick up much local radio, and the navigation system I have only seen work once, and that had a map of Tokyo on it. I can't remember what buttons etc I pressed though.
    Basically what I would like to know, is - Is there any way of getting all of this equipment to work on UK settings? It seems such a waste to have all of these gadgets, and for them all to be redundant.

Many thanks, Matt
  2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Sorry Matt no one has come to assist you as for getting help on how to use the Japanese nav sat module is difficult to get any information from Honda UK or the dealers.I am going to search that for you on a few Japanese site then you can use Google translate to get that into English.

As for the radio not working what you need is a radio frequency band expander