Engine & Gearbox Type-R injectors in 1.8?

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by james m, Thursday 26th Dec, 2013.

1. james m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Might be a silly question but will type r injectors fit on my 1.8. Im planing or spending 2014 trying to get my car a bit quicker. I intend to put her on a rolling road and go from there.

So I was thinking about larger injectors and Type-R seems like the best option. Lol as well as other things. If im being a dope do not hesitate to say lol or if you have other advice please advise lol

2. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No idea about injectors won't be that straight forward you'd need mega mods to need bigger injectors

You may gain a little from an exhaust, air filter, de cat n chip and maybe cams but it's a lot of money to throw at it you'd be better buying a Type-R or a 2.4 Type-S than throwing money on a 1.8

3. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not sure if they would even fit but even if they did, as Doc has said you'd need to do load of other things, ensure engine is able to get more airflow through inlet to match the bigger injectors and then you'd need to map the car.

4. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    Doubt it, Type-R uses H22 engine, completely different series and design. You won't get much out of the 1.8 I'm afraid.