General Type-R speed sensor

Discussion in '6th Generation (1997-2002)' started by F20cherry, Sunday 27th Mar, 2016.

1. F20cherry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Daniel Tonbridge
    Hi all,
    After crashing and writhing off my 2 litre accord on a Country road in january i affectionally named fats i got a Civic EK9 1.4 (slow) (very slow) i have now got a pre facelift ATR i prefer the look and it has had a new 5th gear syncro my troubles are that when i got the car the speedo was dancing more than a 90's clubber now its completely dead and as a result VTEC won't engage i have looked for a new one in the obvious places ebay euros ECT but no luck im reluctant to go main dealer does anyone know where i can get one ? Also i noticed today its had an engine change its now fitted with the h22a5 Prelude engine that only has 185 HP iv contacted the seller waiting for his response ill post some pictures in the morning

2. Fiskekutteren Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Denmark Roskilde
    Greetings.
    Have you tried:

3. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

have you had a look on Lings Honda with your reg number to see if a speed sensor is listed. However as a slight deviation on thoughts, if there was a faulty speed sensor, surely this would upset the ABS and put a light on for it. You can remove the _pfk from the address bar and it will give you the actual part numbers for the speed sensor, which can then be used to cross reference ebay. I would Also try Holdcroft Honda and H-Tune as they may be able to help out.

The only thing that concerns me is that its had an engine chance. I don't know if the H22A5 engine bares any similarities to the H22A7 in terms of sensors and I couldn't say if any of the wiring loom has been butchered and if the ECU has be swapped out for the Prelude one.

exec and Fiskekutteren like this.
  4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    @Harvey raises some good points.

What happens if you unplug the speed sensor ?

Harvey likes this.
  5. F20cherry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Daniel Tonbridge
    Thanks for the reply guys ill message the people on ebay now it has the ATR gearbox i believe it has the same code anyway so hopefully its the same one its put the EML light on i had to remove the battery and the light is off but havnt driven it far enough to bring the light back on i have to go out in a little wile so will un plug it and see what happens thanks for your help

6. Harvey Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

has there been any resolve to this problem?

7. F20cherry Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

England Daniel Tonbridge
    Iv ordered a patten part off ebay everyone braking an ATR has already sold the box or didint want to sell it seperate it should be here today so will try fitting it after work then will let you know

Harvey likes this.