Suspension, Steering and Brakes Type S 2.0 EV1 woes....

Discussion in '7th Generation (2001-2005)' started by k20a3, Thursday 10th Mar, 2016.

1. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi All,

A while ago I decided to replace the worn front shocks and springs on the Type-S 5dr we have. I have got new shocks from Bilstein. They are just B4 replacements for existing ones.

My problem is when I have tried to source replacement springs for it. Honda UK are unable to supply any until 29/04/2016 and are on back order accordingly. I have contacted many main dealers but non carry them in stock. I have hunted everywhere online even looking into alternate springs even if they were to lower the car by a small amount. (30mm)
    Doesn't seem anyone does them!! Some have occasionaly listed springs for Type-S EV1, but when going to order them they call back saying actually they are not for your model.... :Frown:

I am wondering if I could fit Type-R EP3 springs to these shocks I have bought? Has anyone here fitted EP3 springs onto EV1 shocks? If so was there any difference?

Please help, any info would be appreciated. Worst case I will just have to wait until the end of April to do the job :Frown:

Thanks

Joe

2. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    Try KYB RA2836. narrowed a search down to that part number

3. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many thanks,

After checking that number it seems it's only suitable for 3dr's 1.6 and below.

Thanks....

4. qc2 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom quince Bromley
    kyb catalogue lists this:
    2.0 Type-R (EU, EP, EV) 9.01- 9.05 RA3315
    - - - Updated - - -
    the shocks catalogue lists 331011 L 331010 R as the shocks for EV1, EP3 and EU9.

Based on that I'd go with the RA3315 springs

5. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Many Thanks qc2...

I will take a look.

6. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok so in the end I ordered the Honda springs. They will arrive in a weeks time.

Insurance weren't happy with lowering springs.

7. k20a3 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ok so I ordered the springs online from maindealer. They gave me an eta of 22/04/16. I emailed them on that day and they said that Honda now have an eta of September this year

So frustrating. So again can I appeal to everyone here, has anyone any knowledge about fitting EP3 springs to my new shocks which are waiting patiently in the garage. I bought new blistein shocks which are listed as
    Bilstein B4 Front Kit Car Pressure Shock Absorbers Dampers 22-151223 22-151230

They list as compatible for EP3 so I really wanted to know if anyone has fitted EP3 springs to their EV1 with any success?

Many Thanks

Joe