General Type-S 2.2 i-dtec 180 remap

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by TypeS-Turton, Friday 6th Feb, 2015.

1. TypeS-Turton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Has anyone had their Type-S 180 re mapped ? Just curious what figures they mapped up too and if you encountered any problems like clutch slipping?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  3. TypeS-Turton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks man :Grin: I've heard about that celtic tuning before :Smile:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Apparently celtic tuning can come to you? But surely they need a rolling road

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Think your getting confused between flashing a fixed map and tuning a heavily modified engine.

So if you heavily modify your car, change intake, intake header, exhaust header, exhaust system, maybe internal engine mods, maybe go blown, then you need a custom map creating for your car that gets the most out of the mods that you have made. That normally means getting it on a rolling road.

If however your car is bone stock or close to stock. People can create a map for it (using a rolling road) and then keep flashing that map onto other cars. The map is the same for all the cars as they are all stock, no need to keep putting those cars on the dyno. Make sense ?

5. TypeS-Turton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yeah it makes sense just cars are All different even if there stock as they loose horsepower over time and it will be different from Car to car What they have lost over time

6. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    If you do go down the remapping path I would strongly recommend using someone who can put it on a rolling road before and after so that you can see the actual gains and more importantly the power bands, so you know where the power and torque is and can be used to its best potential.

Celtic Tuning have a good reputation but I'm a little unsure about their maximum figures achieved after a remap because their starting figures are high to begin with suggesting a calibration issue with the dyno. Have a look at their graphs to see what I mean.

I would also strongly advise not going for unrealistic gains, there's no point if the clutch can't handle it and just slips etc. Personally I would think it better to have a moderate gain but a more usable power and torque band. No point having huge peak figures if they only last for a short period and drop off fast. This is why I think it's better to have someone who can map it whilst testing on the dyno so it's tweaked for your actual car and not just a generic map.

7. TypeS-Turton Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Exactly what I was thinking mate! :Smile: