General Type-S Vs Exec

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by ape, Tuesday 31st May, 2016.

1. ape Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Alan Nottingham
    Hi all, I'm back to be a pain again, long story short is my bonus I was getting is a lot less than I'd expected so haven't got as money to play with to purchase a car as I'd initially thought, I could play the waiting game while continuing to save, however I've recently come across a Type-S which seems to have a satnav system retro fit that could potentially be in budget. The question is however what other goodies would I be missing by going from the exec to the Type-S? I know the premium sound system would be one of them but does it still have the dual zone climate control? any other pros and cons and could I fit the heater leather seats from the premium at a later date? As always any help is appreciated.

2. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    i thought Type-S is a higher spec than Exec

3. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    I thought the EX was higher spec? Lol

Isn't the Type-S a little lower and has a sports body kit?

4. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Type-S has half leather seats, sports suspension, body kit, aluminum gear knob.

Exec has full leather heated seats, premium sound system, leather gear knob, sat nav as standard, 8-way power adjustment for the driver's seat, sunroof (added weight though), standard suspension, HID (on pre-facelift Execs)

Spec lists will have Type-S down as being slightly quicker (I guess down to the reduced weight about 35Kg less)

If you want a slightly more sportier go for Type-S, if you want slightly a little more comfortable go for Exec.

legend-ary and mustnap like this.
  5. mustnap Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Malaysia mustnap Kuala Lumpur
    Thanks for the clarification @SpeedyGee . So TypeS has some stuff Exec doesnt have and vice versa. I thought TypeS has a higher spec due to the bodykit matching EuroR bodykit :Grin:

6. kokkss Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Latvia Andis Liepaja
    I would go for Type-S, it looks great in my opinion. Extras as heated seats, electric drivers seat, sunroof and Premium sound system as well as leather seats are not extras for me. Also my 2006 Type-S came with HIDs. Combined interior is way better than swety leather. That is all i can say. But again its me and only my opinion.

Sent from my m2 note using Tapatalk

7. NottsBiker Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Ben Nottingham
    If the Type-S has sports suspension then I'd definitely stay away from the executive as that must be like driving a jelly if my Type-S is anything to go by.

Don't think I could own an Accord without the lip kit either so another vote for the Type-S here.

Think it might be lighter as well :Smile:

8. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Are you sure on this bit? As far as I can tell my PFL doesn't have HID because the lighting is pretty lousy and I was actually thinking of retrofitting a HID kit to improve them.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Is it the Exec spec though ?

10. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

11. ArcticFire-Account Closed Banned Getting Started

Scotland Graham Scotland
    My 2005 Accord Executive had HID and damn good they were! I immediately noticed this compared to my CR-V HID. The Accord were bright without dazzling and a lovely white with only a hint of blue. The CR-V was quite dull in comparison and much warmer.