Detailing Tyre Dressing?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Cleaning' started by jjazzza, Wednesday 8th May, 2013.

1. jjazzza Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

can anyone recommend a good tyre dressing :Thumbup:

2. Topper Harley Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I use Autosmart Highstyle all the time.

3. declanswan Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Meguires gel for me.

4. teejay Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Tony Northampton
    In the Meguiares camp also, tyre gel easy to put on, looks good and lasts, well, i think so anyway!!!

5. ann_kelvin Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Always use meguiars tyre dressing gel for both my Honda so far :Smile:

6. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Autoglym vinyl and rubber.

7. Bowler Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Another Maguires endurence fan. Only recommendation don't drive with the tyres still wet as will spray onto car (even if you wipe surplus) Leave an hour at least.

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Blackfire Total Eclipse Tyre Gel for me .it is a thick water-based gel engineered from a new group of super-polymers that have been fortified with Polycharger technology. It contains no butyls, alcohols or petroleum distillates of any kind, meaning that it will not degrade your tyres in any way, even when used on a regular basis. The viscosity of the gel enables precise application and minimises the risk of sling being thrown onto adjacent body panels. Treated tyres will retain a rich satin black finish that will last wash after wash for many weeks at a time.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Another vote for the Meguiars from me.

^^Not heard of this one, but will investigate as my Megs is nearly all gone...always good to get a recommendation and try something new.

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Its good stuff but only apply a little, too much and it can give that super shiny look which I hate.I just like the fresh rubber look with low to minimal gloss.:Wink:

11. jaytip Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I know exactly what you mean regarding spray on the body panels. I take my taxi to a hand car wash place and they always use the tyre shine (and i always forget to ask them not to :Blushing: ) and before i know it the front doors and back bumper are dirty.

12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Silicone based solution do splatter but you can limit the spread by using less but then you don't get the shine of effect you want.

My advice don't use liquid silicone based product use a gel like blackfire and others.. you need to have OCD to go to such lengths thou :Whistle:

13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

One that I find gives a lovely matt "natural" finish on tyres is Swissvax "Pneu." I also use it to good effect on plastic wheel arch liners. Quick and easy with good results.

Expensive...but no splatter!

14. philoldsmobile Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Autoglym instant tyre dressing is excellent - spray on and walk away. Dries to nice black but not overly glossy tyres. Great for plastic trim and engine bays too

15. mikey77 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When I was in Ireland recently (from home in France) I bought a big bottle of black and tyre cleaner called 'Astonish' in a cheapy shop. It works very well.