General Tyre fitted wrong way round

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alano, Wednesday 5th Aug, 2015.

1. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Noticed while fitting my side steps that one of my tyres has been fitted wrong way round. Clearly says inside on the outside wall and tread is obviously running in opposite direction to rest of tyres. Previous owner must have been to kwik fit :Epic Fail:

2. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not good. Makes you wonder what standards of training or quality control go on in some garages if simple things like this are happening.

3. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Bought the car from a Honda main dealer aswell. Would have thought they'd have spotted it when they serviced and MOT'd it

4. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Not good to hear that surely it should be PDI'd? Like you say the service and MOT should've spotted it as it is a potential safety issue if the tread is rotating the wrong way round.

5. Heckler Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I'd take it back and tell them you want it sorted... a new tyre, not just swapped around as running it in the wrong direction will cause issues

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

There really isn't any acceptable excuse for that.

Nighthawk likes this.
  7. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

I think its clear enough to see image.

8. Alano Premium Member Club Supporter

Well, you couldn't make it up. Took it to a local tyre shop asked them to turn and rebalance it. Got home and guess what. Yep they'd put it back inside out again :brickwall:. Suppose i should have checked before i left but how hard can it be to flip it over and refit. Took it back to be redone got it right second time. The fitter who did it is going to get his leg pulled all afternoon me thinks

9. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    :Laughing: That's some major cock up there, not once but twice and its not even Friday afternoon yet!:poke:

10. chris2982 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Chris Rowlands Gill
    I've seen some that have a rotation arrow on them, . . no idea what they do if they need to reverse.

11. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Simple basics this. Surely it's not something you should have to check?

12. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    I resent that statement, Kwik-Fit fitted some tyres for me yesterday and they were all the right way around :Laughing:

...but okay, yeah, I went out my way to double-check :Fear:

Harvey and SpeedyGee like this.