Tyres & Wheels Tyre Fitting

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by narcosis, Thursday 10th Jan, 2013.

1. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have read about peoples bad experience with Kwickfit for tyre replacement and wondered what you all do when you need to replace the tyres, do you buy the tyres yourself and then get someone to fit them, if so who? do you use the Honda dealer?I would appreciate your feedback.TVMNeil

2. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Hi Neil,

Think it depends where you live, but my local Kwik Fit in Gloucester are very good, the Manager appreciates I look after my car and treats it with respect, I've never had any problems. They also do some good deals from time to time on tyres.

Accord tyres seem an expensive size especially the 17" ones, so shop around, prices seem to start around £100 upwards each.

www.mytyres.co.uk are very competitive and offer both mail order and fitting.

3. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I wouldn't even give KwikFit cancer let a lone a tyre.

Rather use a private run/family run garage - we all must "know" people, so they would be less likely to cause damage than the folk at KF.

4. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    I wouldn't let KwikFit top up my windscreen washer bottle let alone change a tyre, as per the previous post, use a local independant, they're usually cheaper too

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Our fleet lease cars go to KF for the tyres as they are the only vendor on the approved list.:Aghast:

Thank god I don't have a company car as I would go into KF and do it myself.

6. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I took my old Primera to National tyres in Birmingham for new tyres and tracking. The next day it failed its MOT as the track rod ends had seized and had been for a while! The look on they guys face when I went back with my fail sheet was priceless! Needless to say they are another company that I will be avoiding from now on.

Ichiban likes this.
  7. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

National Tyres are a joke as well.

We have the likes of Woolworths and Jessops going into administration - would be nice if the likes of KwikFit/NT and others went pear-shaped instead. All they do is a poor job and rip off (ignorant) consumers.

8. richsprint Account Closed. ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Fleet business keeps them afloat I guess...

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    yup pretty much and local tow companies who bring in stranded motorist.

10. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

In that case, I'd be more than happy to see some more widespread economic devastation.

11. narcosis Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks all.

Neil

12. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Guys I wouldn't wish anybody to be out of a job.

SpeedyGee and AccordCU2 like this.
  13. dennismate Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Epsom
    Frankie, yeah, I thought the comments of the poster you refer to as being somewhat stupid

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I think TDK speaks his mind as he finds please don't take it out of context..I have similar views I will be happy if all German manufacturer pack their bags for good too..

15. Malibu Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I don't think anyone would - I don't think this is what was really meant to be honest!

I think we should remember that sometimes comments can be misconstrued - Let's not make a mountain out of a molehill !

16. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I stand by remarks - they are tongue in cheek, thats all. I made no reference to job cuts so please don't misinterpret what I wrote or put words in that I didnt use. Very big difference between job losses and economic devastation. don't read between the lines. :Thumbup:

Anyway, back to this thread....