Tyres & Wheels Tyre Pressure Warning System

Discussion in '4th Generation (2013-2017)' started by Davebabs, Thursday 13th Mar, 2014.

1. Davebabs Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

David Ireland
    Tyre Pressure warning light keeps coming on, dealer has reset multipe times even updated the software on the ECU but light still comes on after a few days. Dealer is stumped.....anyone any ideas

Standard tyres fitted, no replacements, no punctures, car is brand new...2 months old. Dealer tells me that a good few CR-Vs have come in lately with this problem. I was thinking of getting the Tyre pressure warning system disabled as it's so annoying.

2. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The system being fairly new, I doubt that any of us have had experience helping troubleshoot the issue. I would suggest that the best course of action is to push the dealer into resolving the situation, your car is under warranty, they are obliged to get to the bottom of it for you. Have they given you any possible causes for the problem so far?

Someone may have some better advice, but either way keep us posted with your progress :Thumbup:

3. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I believe that the system works through the existing ABS anti-lock brake sensors. I have a friend with a 2011 CR-V who had the system warning and he had indeed got a slow puncture and low pressure in one tyre. If the tyres are all at the recommended pressure the system should not light up.
    If the ABS sensors are all working, the only thing I can think of that would cause the alarm is a fairly consistent cornering to the right [in the UK]. For instance you may live in a place like Swindon with a lot of roundabouts and you might tend to take a circuitous route so that one side of the car travels further than the other fairly consistently. Have no experience of this being a problem, just thinking outside the box.

4. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Your CR-V is in the US - a few of my friends have the same but not with TPMS issues. Rather cop-out excuse by the dealer to infer others have had the issue and do nothing to remedy yours.

Ask them to source you a new car - its clear yours is not fit for purpose as the defect can't or won't be fixed by them. I have yet to see/hear of any Euro/UK 4th Generation CR-Vs with this issue.

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Surprised your dealer is stumped why have they not engage with DTS for advise? Can you please give me a brief description what is happening and see if we can suggest how to look at it.Ideally yourneed a MVCI to troubleshoot but we can atleast get you some pointers.