Tyres & Wheels Tyre pressure

Discussion in '8th Generation (2008-2015) [Acura TSX]' started by Hugo Durães, Friday 14th Sep, 2012.

1. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi,

My 2011 Honda Accord Tourer has 225/45 R18 tyres and I would like to know which is the right tyre pressure for these tyres.

Thank you. :Thumbup:

EDIT: A photo of my Accord Tourer! :Smile:

476783_3923064282894_527317993_o.

Last edited: Friday 14th Sep, 2012
  2. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Welcome Hugo

Easiest place to check is the handbook for reference, or as silly as it sounds, the guidance on the sidewall of the tyres themselves if they are the original ones supplied with the car. And also, please do get some photo's up of your Tourer.

Again, welcome to AOC.

3. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

The stock tyre size for this model is 225/50 R17 and mine has 225/45 R18 tyres. On the user's manual I can only find the tyre pressure for the stock tyres. Also, on the drivers door there's a sticker with the tyre pressure but it only shows the pressure for the stock tyres.

Btw... I've uploaded a photo of my Tourer and placed it on the original post! Hope you like it! :Smile:

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Hi Hugo
    I have same size tyres as you but mine is a saloon,On my sticker is saying 38psi front and 35psi rear
    You should really have that sticker on drivers door.

5. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have the sticker on the door, but it only shows the tyre pressure for the stock tyres. Maybe because these wheels are sold as an extra (at least here in Portugal) or because someone forgot to stick the new sticker! :Tongue:

Well... I guess I'll try those pressure values.

6. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Great pic by the way Hugo!

7. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    My car has optional 18's on it and the dealer put the appropriate sticker over the top, but mine were a factory fit. If yours had been done after it was bought it's unlikely they would have done this. As your car is still under warranty there's no harm in going into the dealer and asking for one.

8. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yes, I'm definitely going to the dealer and ask for one. I bought the car used from the Honda dealer so I guess they forgot to put the sticker.

In the meantime, can you post a picture of the sticker so I can use it as a reference while I don't go to the dealer? Thank you. :Smile:

9. Nevyn Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  10. Doc Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Matt Peterborough
    My tyre pressures are 38 psi all round as per the manual. But this is for a I-CTDI saloon on 225-40-18.

11. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you Nevyn and Zoran. :Smile: I'll try these pressures on my tourer and I'll ask for a sticker at my Honda dealer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sunday 23rd Feb, 2014
  12. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Welcome to AOC Hugo,you have a nice look car with fab looking wheels :Thumbup:

13. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thank you! :Grin:

14. Mikem Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Nice looking car mate. Any mods on the car?

15. Hugo Durães Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Thanks :Smile: The only mod was the replacement of all yellow lamps with white LEDs. :Tongue:

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Which one did you use ? I may want to change to LED could you take some pictures please.

17. BanditSid Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

We have a 2008 EX GT Tourer with the same wheels and tyre size, the door sticker states the fronts at 2.6 Bar all the time and the rears at 2.4 Bar or 2.9 Bar - the lower for normal driving and the higher for towing.

Ichiban likes this.