Tyres & Wheels tyre pressures on a 2005 CR-V

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by chris1760, Wednesday 17th Jul, 2013.

1. chris1760 New Member Getting Started

Newbie here i have cdti CR-V 05 but find the tyre pressures bit low it does say on the door panels front 26psi rear 29 but i now run them at 35 front and rear and find it much firmer on the driving feels better. Ialso like my CR-V p;enty of power when i need it find it great on fuel plenty of space for the kids its running on 215x65x16 tyres was thinking of putting bigger wheels on just normal driving though don't go off road much so if anyone can suggest another size will be very welcomed.:Thumbup:

2. i-DSI Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Belgium Aalst
    Hi Chris,
    I would stick to the recommended tyre pressure. Sure, you can go a bit higher for high loads or for highway driving.
    But to high pressure has some disadvantages:
    - it's possible the whole tyre surface does not have full contact anylonger (outer sides of the surface may suffer no or decreased contact)
    - bumpier ride
    - less traction off road (tyre does not adapt that easy anymore to the road surface).
    - more tyre noise
    This may result also in a longer braking distance and less grip on corners.
    Yes, the steering will feel firmer, this is because the sidewalls of the tyres are stiffer with higher pressure.

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Just to add to the above over inflated tyres wear in the middle and faster due to incorrect loading.

Get a proper handheld pressure gauge and stop relying on forecourt pump gauge they are inaccurate and hardly calibrated.

4. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    I always have higher pressure, I found that driving is much better and tyre wear is less, I have about 35psi on front and 33 rear

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Arent you running 18's?

6. Brodziu Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Greg Manchester
    no, I have 17"

7. chris1760 New Member Getting Started

Thanks for the feedback guys about tyre pressures will take consideration