Tyres & Wheels Tyres for 2005 CR-V

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by john m, Saturday 23rd Feb, 2013.

1. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Got an 05 CR-V with Goodyear Wrangler tyres hard wearing but noisy and due replacement later this year any suggestions for something quieter but of similar performance?
  2. Ezeetrucker Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Baz Lincolnshire
    Hi John , for a good all season, reasonably hard wearing and quiet tyre, the YokohamaAS530 takes some beating, not cheap but quality.

AS530 All-Season Performance Tires | Yokohama Tire Corp.
  3. Quacker Banned ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

From about now, noise rating must be printed on all tyres along with load, speed and tread wear figures.

Michelin is my favourite tyre brand but they are sometimes too expensive. Check them out at your tyre depot or even at Costco if there is one convenient to you. I hate noisy tyres. The last ones I had on the Audi Q7, Toyo Proxes, were great when new but sounded like a Chinook helicopter about 20 feet away by the time they were twothirds worn.
  4. john m Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Same as these Wranglers they are getting louder now they are half worn I've just come back from Donnington Park this afternoon and it sounded like a combination of a shirt tearing machine in a laundry and the rear diff was running dry.
    I think i will go with Michelin as i was recommended them from another source and i have used them for years on both bikes and cars.