General Tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SayamaAccord, Wednesday 16th May, 2012.

1. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I want touring tyres on my 7th Generation tourer not performance tyres

I'm considering Yokohama C Drive 2 and Goodyear Efficient Grip

Any experiences of these or any views?

:Thumbup:

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Not a fan of Yoko C drives they are perfect when they have meat on the thread. Once 50% worn they get noisy. Yoko AVS Db are still available in smaller sizes..All other yokies I love them..

3. Primarycare Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom Primary c Northampton
    I have two of these Good Year Efficient Grip on my Honda, to be honest I don't like them much, no better than the P6s which I think are pants. I have the 17 inch 5 spoke Honda alloys (can't recall the name) and they don't suite the car with these wheels. I put them to the rear as they tram line like a pig! they are down to about 4mm now but I will be changing them soon as I can get the wheels refurbished.

I get alot of road noise from them and in the wet I am not impressed.

I had the Yokohama C Drive on my Passat and thought they were great, I had no issues with noise and handling was predictable, not sporty but a nice smooth ride with plenty of grip. I had done just over 20k on them when I sold the car and there were still miles of smiles left on them. The one thing I would stay well clear of is the Dunlop Fast Response I have had those and found them terrible! They were great until they hit about 5mm then they were the pits in both handling and road noise.
    I was thinking of either the C Drive or S Drive for my replacements.

Camskill are the cheapest I have found so far..

4. alloy36 Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I've got TOYO T1-R which I'm quite happy with. Grip brilliantly and quiet. Trouble is they seem to be wearing faster than my previous contis.

It is more of a performance tyre though but is well priced.

5. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Thanks for your all your help

Much appreciated

Have decided on the Yoko C Drives :Hooray:

6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Lol must have been a good price....

7. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

8. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Got the Yoko C drives fitted at the weekend.

First asymmetrical tyre I have ever had and wow what a difference.

Superb tyre, best I have ever driven on by a mile.

The grip is so good it feels like an invisible hand is pushing the car down and they really keep the car planted round roundabouts etc. much better than before.

Definitely sticking with Yokohama in future although next time I might go for the Advan V103 instead FTW.

9. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Nice one bud I too believe in Yokies. When the NSX was being developed Senna told the engineers dicth the four other tyre makers and go for yokies.

When the engineers told him yokoies where the most expensive and would push the budget. Senna told you wanted my advise use the yokos and it was.:Wink:

The Michelin pilot sports I have now are good but they are wearing FAST!! I wish the av DbS range was not phased out .