General tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by motorbikelover, Wednesday 22nd Jun, 2016.

1. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom david mee mansfield notts
    Today i had to use my daughters mx5 svtec to go to work in as she had stolen my accord. I travel to work on A roads and came up behind a slower than speed limit driver so out of 6th in to 3rd and booted it and the mx veared hard toward the car i was overtaking. further down the road when it was clear i booted it again and off it went for the kerb. when i got to work and checked the tyres there was 1 bridgstone patenza and a cheap copy ,I fitted 4 bridgstones to this car but it turn,es out she had a punkture while i was on holiday and had a new tyre fitted by a well known retailer. I swapped front tyres to rear to make sure this was the problem and all was well on the back. I never mix tyres on the same axle and this shows why matched tyres are a must. It cost me £110 for 2 new bridgstones and she has not paid me back yet.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I have this too look forward too ,. the bank of mum and dad.

My daughter will drain here phone completely then charge it, even after repeated suggestions don't let it get to that stage its gone to deaf ears!! and I can see those calls to me when she driving dad I am out of petrol come and bail me out.

MickyB and Nighthawk like this.
  3. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    Yeah, never mix different brand tyres on the same axle on any car, RWD's are probably the worse ones for reacting to it too.

4. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

could be worse you could have 2 daughter. i have one of each, lad has a es2 typr r and i only see him when his 19ins tyres are bold and they are a pig to fit. and because the accord runs on lpg they steel it to go on holiday in and return it empty and full of sand.

5. stuscrv Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Spain stu lanzarote
    I often shudder when I think of the old days ( just before I started driving ) when big heavy cars seemed to manage with x ply tires which were legal even when a third of the tyre was bald ! Guess it was their general lack of power !
    My brother and I sat in the front of dads 59 hillman minx bench seats No belts !
    Remould tyres, even re-cut tyres, no speed cameras, youngens can't believe how dangerous it could be.

6. motorbikelover Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

the good old days eh i used to borrow my dads wolsley 6/110 on crossplys how did we survive.

7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    In Africa, I used to sit in the back of my father bakkie on the open bed (pick up truck) holding onto nothing but the roll bar and sitting on the edge whilst travelling along motorways. I used to love doing that...