General Tyres

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BLUEONDA, Wednesday 12th Jun, 2013.

1. BLUEONDA Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Just wondering where the best place on the internet is to get tyres from? cheers guys

2. RobB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I hear a lot of people talking about blackcircles.

3. StuH Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Stuart Lancashire
    Blackcircles for me, used them a few times and everything has been fine.

4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

5. cred Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom London
    I know you have specifically asked about the internet but Costco are currently doing £50 off a full set of Michelin tyres fitted and they price match.

AccordCU2 likes this.
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Camskill or mytyres I always found blackcircle too expensive.

7. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
  8. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Hammad Bury St. Edmunds
    Hi guys, just wanted to know ur opinions, when i bought my accord last month, it had tyres called "Event" on them W rated.
    So, how good r these tyres?
    coz, I've felt it slipping a bit around corners, particularly in wet.
    whereas, on my previous car(galant), i had kumho tyres on, and the tyres width was like 195 and width on this one is 225. And my last car was much much better around corners at high speed.

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

My previous car was Mitsubishi Galant too. But I'm rocking the corners with current Accord in a same style as with Galant. Had 215/45 R17 on Galant & have now 225/45 R17 on current Accord. I would suggest to try decent quality tyres probably.

10. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

wohaow, good to see another mitsu prev-owner, which one did u had??
    also, which tyres do u use, and how much do they cost?
    actually, i don't really wanna end up paying through the roof.
    i tend to shop around to buy a good brand in cheapest price.

intruder likes this.
  11. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I had a last year edition before Galants were discontinued, 2litre saloon 2003. Which was actually really great car, and it is still now (!), as it is owned by my relatives now :Wink: I would drive it myself still for now, but circumstances led me to take it back to continent as it was LHD car. And little other factor - I wanted a bit more powerful engine :Wink: I was even seriously considering to buy the Galant VR-4! But.. decided would be more smarter to get some 5 years old car so it would be more reliable. So and my purchase happened last July - superb Accord :Thumbup:

Anyway back to topic. Currently I use Bridgestone Potenza tyres, which is really great rubber. But will have to get new ones in a near future, and perhaps will be deciding between Bridgestone Potenza or Yokohoma Advan. If you'd like, check www.mytyres.co.uk for prices. I found this website offering good prices.

12. Racy Jace Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

13. hsyasin Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

was just browsing around on ur mentioned website, and theres a tyre on there called
    Sailun Atrezzo Z4+AS

and it says wet grip and fuel rating is B and is W-rated in speed terms and are quite cheap around £64.
    What do u guys think about it, has anyone had any experience with these?

- - - Updated - - -

also, don't know about 2liter galant, but i can say for sure, the 2.5 v6 was a really powerful beast.
    it was as strong and powerful as my friends 330Ci.