General UK/European HR-V Owners?

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2015)' started by TheDarkKnight, Saturday 23rd Apr, 2016.

1. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Are there any?

Doesnt seem like there's many, if any. Hardly see any HR-Vs on the road at all. Would be interesting to see how people are getting on with theirs....

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had ordered one but cancelled it yesterday and have come out of the company car scheme, HR-V is a great car even the diesel drives like a petrol.

I am going to use my 7th Generation again its back on the road tomorrow.

legend-ary and FirstHonda like this.
  3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've not seen many either. The new Jazz on the other hand seems to be everywhere...

4. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    I have seen a few around but not as many as the new Jazz which I have seen a sum total of 5!

5. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    The lead time is 6 months to get hold of any HR-V so prospective owners don't have that patience to wait half a year. Rumours are coming out that the Mexican plant can't cope and quality isn't that great.

6. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Yep there are 3 owners on ClubJazz and one of them had a breakdown 3 weeks into ownership. Something to do with O2 sensor so yeah not a good start. Firstly it arrives almost 3 years late and then people who still want them can't have them.

7. chunkymonkey Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Gary Lincs
    It's expensive if you ask me, honda missed a trick by dropping the accord.

8. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Prior to the CR-V, I had enquired about buying a new HR-V demonstrator. It was a 1.6 I-DTEC EX model, but with all the Aero Pack, Cargo Pack, Illumination Pack etc - just shy of £30k, in white. It was just what I was after.

But when the sales manager said that they had to hold onto it for at least 5 months as it was "over-specced", but that I could order a new one myself to the same spec - however, it would be 5 months for that to arrive! Needless to say, the CR-V looked and remains a far better proposition. I don't for one second regret not buying a HR-V. Waiting 5 months for a car is taking the proverbial.

9. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    I thought delivery was next month. What made you decide to cancel?

10. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    RON the delivery was at the end of May, but this was pushed to late June that was the final straw TBH even Honda does not know why that is. Secondly the reduction in my tax bill was the deciding factor by saving the money and use that on my 7th Generation.

11. Zoot Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ☆ ☆

Scotland Ron Leeds
    Now I understand. There was me wanting to see your HR-V as I'm thinking of getting one in a few years time. I'm not dong a quick flip as I did with my present CR-V!!

12. earthsciencer1 Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom Bob Wetherby
    I have driven a couple of HRVs and have been very impressed with them (as has Honest John who has one as his short term test vehicle).

However the poor supply situation is causing a lot of frustration in the dealerships apparently, though it is not just the HR-V but the Jazz as well. I was told that they had lost quite a number of sales of both in March because of the long waiting time. The Jazz is almost a mini HR-V now and I have been really impressed with that too, based on the 2 cars that I have delivered. However it is not exactly the quickest thing on 4 wheels with its 1.3 engine. Surely the 1.5 petrol and 1.6 diesel must be somewhere in the pipeline.

FirstHonda and Zoot like this.
  13. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ Or even better, bring back a hybrid option.

earthsciencer1 likes this.
  14. TheDarkKnight Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Off topic, but the new Jazz's fuel economy is just fabulous. Puts the HR-V to shame!

Sure, its not fast - but my God its economical as hell!

FirstHonda likes this.
  15. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

I'm sure it is.. HR-V is like a fat Jazz to begin with so no surprises there. I think next year when they bring the 1.0 Turbo 3 pot things will get really interesting.

16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've said this before, but I'm much more impressed with the Jazz than the HR-V.

It feels - to me - like a higher quality thing, and the interior design is fantastic. It's a small car that I could genuinely live with every day.

It's a shame more people won't give it a chance, and will instead just buy a Polo or a Fabia because the media tell them to...:brickwall:

17. David Newby New Member Getting Started

United Kingdom copout Brigg
    Just taken delivery of my HR-V EX today first impressions are good

legend-ary likes this.
  18. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

Hello @David Newby and welcome to HK!
    Glad to hear you got one.. why not add it to club garage.. will look forward to hearing your real world review

19. Nels Moderator Staff Team