Off-Topic UK Mail

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by FirstHonda, Thursday 21st May, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I have to say that my heart sank when I saw that my Holdcroft Honda delivery was going to be made by UK Mail today...and they have lived up to their local reputation for being utterly useless (F U Mail they seem to be known as by most people round here, you can fill in the gaps :Laughing:).

As with the last delivery they should have made to me, they confirmed a time, then confirmed when they were "5 minutes away" only to not turn up.

Their "customer services" are useless, too.

Anyway, based on my experience I'd advise people to avoid using them. They seem to be the only carrier that I ever have issues with.

2. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    None of them are very good, I'm having problems with a missing parcel with my new noise cancelling headphones.

3. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I find DPD to be the best, never had an issue with them.

To be fair, it tends to depend on the local depot - my local UK Mail depot must be pretty useless. I never recovered from them "losing" a new laptop from Dell that was tracked...Dell had to send another one. Shocking. And they once left my new mobile phone with a neighbour (wrong house number). He tried to tell them where my house was, but the driver forced him (with some choice language I believe) to take it instead!

Anyway, at least my HH package did turn up in the end - nearly 2 hours late, and an hour after my "You're next, be with you in 5 minutes" text message.

The driver didn't even ring the bell, he just left the package in my porch and went on his way. Impressive, as their website specifically says that they don't leave packages like that...:dunce:

Hopeless. I would complain, but their customer services never call back. Grrr...:tut:

4. Zebster Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

United Kingdom .
    I had a bad experience with UK Mail only last week after I bought a digital TV recorder from an eBay seller... they twice claimed to have attempted a delivery, but wrongly claimed I wasn't at home (I work from home and was patiently waiting... I even turned off BBC 6 Music so I'd hear them knocking!). There was no sign of a note left on either occasion, but nevertheless I was told to collect it from the depot (the other side of Brum city centre). I had to tell the seller to sort it out or give me a refund.

I had a delivery from EuroCarParts yesterday and they use UPS. That went perfectly.

5. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I've not had issues with UPS, DPD or DHL. Royal Mail are always pretty good too.

UK Mail and Yodel are the ones that I have issues with. If anything Yodel are even worse than UK Mail...:Aghast:
    - - - Updated - - -
    Just to add, I've just had the confirmation e-mail from UK Mail. It says I actually signed for my package...:Rolf::Rolf::Rolf:

Silly me. I must have missed that!

6. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

I use this guy always delivers on time
    image.

MickyB and Ichiban like this.
  7. Accord_N22 Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Sorry to hear about your courier woes.

Yodel used to be HDNL - same company and just as useless

Just ordered a new rocker gasket for the Prelude and some Honda bond from H-tune - that came today via UK mail - Arrived intact - lol.
    I think its down to the individual drivers but I do agree the customer services are pretty bad.

I have to say UPS and DPD are pretty good. No issues at all with them.

I always try to pick up parcels from the depo now or if using ebay try to get them delivered to my argos store which is handy

8. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    I had an issue with Hermes mail - they decided to chuck it over the side gate where the dog had an absolute field day. Needless to say, when I complained about it, it was established that the person who delivered it was a friend of the employee (and of which the company was not even aware of), so they had someone who wasnt even employed by them dropping the deliveries that evening.

I got a full refund of article, plus an extra £20 for an apology and even got the delivery charge for free as well (even though I never paid for the delivery charge in the first place). I can only imagine that the employee didnt need to turn up to work the next day either.

9. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

To be fair, there were no issues with UK Mail today when they delivered the replacement cargo step protector from HH and took the other one back.

They arrived when they said they would, and the service was fine.

Whether HH ever see the one they collected (although the paperwork did say "do not deliver if nothing to collect") is another matter entirely...

:fingerscrossed:

10. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Still waiting for my delivery!

11. Chunkylover53 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

As with all couriers, its ultimately down to the driver. However there are definitely courier traits:
    Hermes - drivers paid 45p per delivery, not per mile so if you live far away then they will delay it or not deliver. On top of that they will deliver if they take the effort to drive there, no matter where the parcel is left they get paid - furthermore they can use personal cars (any estate, or large hatchback like 6th Generation can be used)

CollectPlus - similar to above, they use vans though

UKMail, Yodel - Paid per mile and a set number of hours but van maintenance is on them - if they're late and your delivery is later than their working hours then don't expect delivery

DPD - Best of the lot, similar to Yodel payment structure but DPD seem to have higher van maintenance standards and more importantly, they have the 1 hour targets that they have to meet!

Nighthawk likes this.
  12. MickyB Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I had a delivery made by Yodel. I was at home but there was a problem with my rather large wooden gates on my drive and he couldn't get them open.
    I came out to put some rubbish in my dustbin and found my parcel on the bonnet of my HR-V.
    He had thrown it over the gates and it landed on the bonnet luckily it wasn't anything breakable or heavy!!!

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    So he managed to "successfully" deliver it then :Grin:

MickyB likes this.
  14. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Yodel are hopeless. John Lewis used them (I believe) at Christmas a couple of years ago as a temporary measure. They haven't used them since to my knowledge!

MickyB likes this.
  15. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

We have used many couriers over the years and unfortunately Citylink were the only carrier that I would have recommended. When CL went we borrowed our Mitsubishi dealers courier contract, and still use it as there has been bigger fish to fry. It's something that we mean to look at by the summer. I'd rather walk with each parcel than use DPD again.

16. Sims77 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark Sims Stoke on Trent
    Had a delivery by DPD today. Got all the lovely messages to my phone, time of delivery, who by etc.
    Eventually got the 'delivered' message.
    My wife couldn't find it. Nobody had knocked.
    So I checked the email with picture.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433273825.188486.

Great, it's been delivered but one problem. I don't have a rabbit hutch.

Rang them up and they'd delivered it to a house down the road by mistake. Jeez

17. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Next door mate not here !

image.

MickyB likes this.
  18. Sims77 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom Mark Sims Stoke on Trent
    It was protein as well. You should see the rabbit now
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1433275688.756623.

MickyB, Busa1340r and vincemince like this.
  19. vincemince Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Nice one

:clap::clap::clap:

Sims77 likes this.
  20. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

I'm expecting a delivery from @Holdcroft Honda tomorrow. Unfortunately, I've been trying to deal with UPS to re-schedule it and what a f***ing nightmare that is. Why do these companies all abandon customer service in the rush to adopt 'technology' that doesn't work?!

In the old days, you could click a link on the e-mail they sent and simply put in a new date - but no longer. Now you have to register with UPS online, and 'manage' your delivery through that...which seems fine, so I registered. Except that the system says there are no deliveries associated with my address (even though their own e-mail says otherwise).

No problem, there is a phone number to call if you want to 'speak to a representative.' Except you can't. The computerised menus are hopeless, and at no point can you actually speak to a human being. The only option is to send them an e-mail.

Sad to say that if this is how it is going to be, I won't be placing any more orders with HH. I'd rather spend a few pounds more and not have to put up with terrible couriers...

Rant over. God this type of thing makes me angry. Progress? Not a chance.

:hairout::hairout::hairout:

Zebster likes this.