General UK to Allow Driverless Cars from 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DeviateDefiant, Saturday 2nd Aug, 2014.

1. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    From a BBC article:
    I think the headline is pretty misleading in the sense that it sounds like this is a trial for whether it will be allowed nationally. While Google's self-driving cars have been proven to be extremely safe and dependable, I still won't readily hand my safety to a machine - not because I don't trust the machine itself, but I don't trust any machine hooked up to the net to be secure.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    What happens for motorcyclists , the government will have you know the car drivers don't look for bike and 30 are killed daily to irresponsible drivers. So how does these machine spot bikers. Its a total waste of time why do you want to go in a driverless car people are getting lazier by the day you will excuse for everything get a machine to do it.

3. Nels Moderator Staff Team

IMHO, cars, trains, aircraft etc should have the best technology available. not to replace the driver/pilot, but to monitor him/her.
    We should not have a driverless car, but a car that advises or intervenes if appropriate action is not taken by the human in control.
    Does anyone else have a view on this ?

4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Well look at ADAS technology it there to aid the driver I am all for technology to make passive safety enchanced but it should never be used to replace the driver.

Nels likes this.
  5. Nels Moderator Staff Team

:agree: