General UK vs. US Comparison

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by dva5230, Saturday 13th Oct, 2012.

1. dva5230 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I find it interesting that Honda would release a different version of the Accord in North America compared to Europe/Japan. Either way, it makes for some interesting eye candy. :Smile:

The Accord in Europe is what we call the Acura TSX here in the US. The 7th Generation Euro Accord/1st Generation US TSX is sold in the US with Acura badging and emblems:

03-acura-tsx-01. 03-acura-tsx-02. 03-acura-tsx-03. 03-acura-tsx-04.

But you all are used to seeing that body & design. I'm a little curious if there are any Accords like mine across the pond?

My US 7th Generation (2003) Accord:

2012-06-09-432. 2012-09-15-943. 2012-10-12-1083_fixed. 2012-10-12-1085. 2012-10-12-1087_edit. 2012-10-12-1092.

Which have you seen before? Which do you like better? Thoughts please :Thumbup:

SayamaAccord likes this.
  2. SayamaAccord Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Personally I prefer your version but here Honda have to assume the "European look" to compete with marques such as BMW

3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I prefer the European looking Honda and 8th Generation Accord as it has more emotions attached to the design more character and persona .The US Honda apart from the new 9th Generation Accord are all clinical and business like and that what make them sell in the US why change the recipe when it is appreciated in North America.

The American modding scene is so diverse and rich in history an ugly duckling can be made into a swan.:Wink:

intruder likes this.
  4. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I want that rear spoiler on white Acura.
    That look so good,hope to buy one soon.

5. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

United Kingdom Rokas Bristol, UK
    So it's the same rear spoiler as Accords got on UK roads :Wink:
    Keep an eye on ebay.co.uk. I've seen people selling those OEM Accord spoilers from time to time. As I remember, it was about £80 used ones (taken from breaking Accord). But as long as nothing broken, got LED in working cond, it's perfect to buy used one. 'Cause anyway, u'll need to repaint it, to fit your car's colour.

But hey, zoran, havent you got 8th Generation Accord? :Blink: :Smile:

6. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yes i have mate,there is similar spoiler in US and A for 8TH gen but not here in UK.

7. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

Okay. And what about OEM 8th Generation Accord spoiler what you could get here in UK? don't like how it looks?

8. AccordCU2 Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

No ,not for me.Only one you could buy here is a lip spoiler kind of thing and i don't really like it,ideally i would like Mugen spoiler but that is mega money and i can only dream about it.
    This American one for 8th Generation is really nice.
    2012 Acura TSX | Accessories | Acura.com

9. intruder Top Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ☆

10. dva5230 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That's kind of interesting that your spoiler selection is limited; I guess the modding scene in the UK isn't as mad as it is here in the US. :Tongue:

11. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    This is on a personal level ..I have had heavily modified bikes since I was a teenager and some of them were pure race track demons. All my parts were sources from the states as my bro just shipped them out overnight. I have had my speed bug and a few shares of expensive pieces of junk and the t-shirt to prove it when things went wrong. In the 1990’s 95% of my personal income was spent on bikes.
    The UK scene is still a small niche, the modding culture is here but can’t see it being as viral in comparison to the states.
    The insurance companies here take you to the cleaners when it comes to the smallest modification. Secondly the prices and accessibility to these parts and mods is restricted in the UK. In the US you have so many choices and competition in the same niche can take you weeks to decide where to buy you bespoke solution and the US firms will do deals to get the trade !! Over here the art of haggling doesn't exist let alone a deal.
    I recall I could get carbon fibre reed valves for $100 from the states and the latest version, over you could only get last year’s version for £100 coupled with custom duties you are soon into credit card territory to fund your hobby.
    If a US moddding company wanted to enter the UK scene you need to get the Yankee razzmatazz here to get people doing the ripple effect. The day someone figures out that genius recipe to crack the UK market will be the pioneer. UK is a price sensitive market so prices are the key to success.

I prefer stock cars as I personally think moded street cars are not reliable and you don’t need bolt on parts to go fast. I can drive a stock car quick and trash the cold intake induction boys, loud exhaust, remapped cars and bolt on performance cars all day long even in a Jazz.

intruder likes this.
  12. dva5230 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Yup I like stock too. :Smile: I believe in OEM everything if possible.
    And that's a good idea.... I should try to bring the modding scene to the UK as a business venture! :Grin:

13. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Oh please do ! please do ! I would love a modding scene in the UK .. mostly cause it would give me garage projects to do Lol

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    dude if you do then there is a market for it here for sure but the prices have to be similar to the states otherwise they will just bypass you.

15. maksym Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I have a 7gen 2007 accord USA version in Florida. And it looks same on inside as the one my aunt drive in Ukraine. My motor is larger then hers. USA min 2.4l. I4 pretty zippy. I posted a threat some time ago comparing her and mine car lol funny to see that they are same on inside. I like the European version better gotta admit.

Ichiban likes this.