Accord/7th Gen ukcl9 Supercharged Euro-R

Discussion in 'Project & Modification Logs' started by ukcl9, Tuesday 14th Oct, 2014.

1. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    now got 2 Accords .
    euro R supercharged

IMAG0580.

vtecjay, Ichiban and DeviateDefiant like this.
  2. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    very nice, add her to the garage, tell us all about her. She sounds very unique

3. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    Nice one man, she looks familiar - tell us a bit more about her :Smile:

4. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    well.she needs some TLC..some one spent a ton of money on her £10k (2 years ago) nearly in mods...they sold it.and i think the next person just drove it and did nothing else..
    the brakes are totaly screwed...they don't work at all.pedal is very very soft.and 2/3 travel does nothing....
    so today i have fitted new rear disc's and pads...going to fit my spoon calipers and disc's,pads on the front tomorrow and flush the brake fluid out.doesnt look like its every been changed.looks like golden syrup....not good

it has an act racing clutch.which is junk.its unuseable for daily driving.its very heavy.and its on or off.and the bite point is on the floor..so it being removed on tuesday.i just hope the previous owner hasnt hurt the gear box.as you can VTEC it and change up smoothly.you pull the clutch out at high revs going up through the gears feels like the gearbox is trying to get out....maybe even a broken engine/gearbox mount.will find out tuesday

has a 3" exhaust..i like loud exhausts.but this is somethink else...stupidly loud...soon as i change the clutch.i wil replace the exhaust.it hurts my head.

drivers side door speaker doenst work..

but the rest of the car is mint.

will sell off the brembo front calipers and alloy wheels.
    looking forward to getting her all sorted.so i can rage the 300 BHP out of her.lol

also got a few mods to take off the CL9 to put on the euro R.and I've sold my TB and tsx cams.as i will give my CL9 to a family member.as its worth more to me keeping it.than selling it.so it will stay in the family if i every need it back....its soooo cheap to run and fun
    - - - Updated - - -
    edit...you can't VTEC it and change up smoothly

5. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Sounds like it needs a good bleed through, definitely be way better performing with your Spoon calipers and discs on :Smile:

This is one of the big reasons I went for a Stage 1 organic clutch, instead of going Stage 2 and getting into the cerametallic clutches which are heavy as hell and basically act like on/off switches. I'd check that the clutch pedal assembly is still in one piece as I had the same "to the floor" issue on my '03, the previous owner had gone replacing the CMC and all sorts trying to diagnose it - and it was just the pedal assembly had sheered! There's a few early 7th Gens that have had the issue to date. Whatever clutch you get, I'd go for organic for smooth shifting performance - they'll take 300hp without excessive wear.

Any idea what system it has?

Sounds like your CL9 is being broken up fast to go onto the CL7, I did the same thing with my '03 - swapped to a well maintained Facelift and ported all my mods over. Took a while but it was well worth it in the end.

6. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

Right, I know where I recognise it from, it was an Icetronix build, had a full respray in Championship White and they fitted the supercharger:

Superman001 and Nighthawk like this.
  7. Nighthawk Guest

United Kingdom Richard Milton Keynes
    That sounds just fantastic I must say

8. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    thats interesting.someone has changed the exhaust since the video....its that loud you don't hear the charger until 7k RPM.it was custom made.will be coming off and sell it.
    exhaust booked in for 8th of nov

how can i find out if my pedal assembly is broken?do you mean the actual pedal itself?
    clutch being fitted is exedy stage 1..so all good there

willl the act racing clutch be worth anythink?only 11 moths old.with around 6k miles use

got the rest of the bits today to finnish swappng over the brakes..will finnish it in the morning.

any idea what brembo DC5 calipers are worth?£500?

only taking spoon calipers,rsb,gear knob and wheels off CL9 and maybe steering wheel.CL9 has a red H.lol

thanks for all your help chap
    - - - Updated - - -
    act cluch was £800 new with invoice to prove.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
  10. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

As above, the post should cover some points about fixing it as well.

I went for the same myself, it's a great clutch. Exedy are top quality and the OE manufacturer.

Priced right I'm sure someone may snap it up, especially some of the boosted guys. Though a CL9 needs a K20 flywheel to run it.

You can get them new and machined for the CL9 for £450 if memory serves, I reckon £325-375 is about right but as always it's more about what someone is willing to pay. I'm guessing the rears are stock?

CL9 doesn't actually have a red H from stock, someone else must have modified it. I don't think the Euro-R has the harness for the controls which the CL9 uses so the steering wheel buttons would become redundant. I could be wrong on that.

11. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    i can try selling the clutch on DC5 forum

i believe it has DC5 rear calipers aswell

i have DC5 steering wheel on my CL9

12. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    good service from tgm motorsport.order my clutch yesterday.arived today

DeviateDefiant likes this.
  13. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    can you tell by looking at the pic.is this a stage 1 kit.there is no writing anywhere saying its stage 1
    IMG_20141016_201451_1.

14. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Wow some hardcore love given to your car bud! any reason to why your chose ATR discs instead of the standard CL9 ones?
    - - - Updated - - -
    Aren't you going for a lighten flywheel it will be the ideal time to go to one?

15. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    CL9 disc's are thin and warp easy ATR disc's are 28mm.

CL7 has got a light weight flywheel ready on..new 11 months ago

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Strange bud I had mine for 69k miles and they never warped and I am one the hardest late breakers.. more meat on the bone does help but not get out jail free card for warping it will happen if you cane your brake no matter what. I used to let the disc cool down before caning them but i use a lot of engine breaking ....braking is for pussies. lol

Sorry my bad didn't see your lighten flywheel.

17. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    not being rude.but the stock calipers and disc's are junk...not good enought for the size of the car...im amazed that yours havent warped....mine are really bad..replacing tomorrow.with spoons

18. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I had ATR calipers first and they never wrapped I managed the heat really well. you constantly stamp on them they will wrap.

I went to the twin piston set up the 8th Generation,tThe ATR was adequate not made for performance you just to to live with it performance envelope that is all. No stock car has amazing brakes its a mass produced car.
    Accord/7th Generation - Ichiban's 2.4 Accord Tourer ('07) | Page 3 • Honda Karma

19. ukcl9 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

ukcl9 devon
    my DC5 had good brakes.lol

20. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Again a decent Type-R if they didn't have them then who will