General Un - bloody - believable...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FirstHonda, Friday 4th Dec, 2015.

1. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Friday evening. Tired. No milk in the house, so after a long drive I stopped at a small shop on the outskirts of Aylesbury...

IMG_0418 2.

It was busy, and only has a small car park. There was a queue of cars waiting for spaces, everything very polite and civil.

Only when I got in did I see this ^^ - and this guy wasn't only there for 2 minutes, he was there when I arrived AND when I left 6 or 7 minutes later...and oblivious to everything it seemed...

...and driving a Golf! If only all cliches in life were as reliable as a Volkswagen.

2. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
  3. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    BMW and VW drivers can park how they like, did you not know that!

John Dickson and FirstHonda like this.
  4. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Ireland Billy Dor Carrigaline
    Dissent want his lovely paint scratched
    - - - Updated - - -
    Doesn't

FirstHonda likes this.
  5. exec Premium Member Club Supporter

United Kingdom London
    His driving a prestige German brand he needs the space to keep away from the peasantry cars, that or his leaving some space for the recovery guy to work in :Unknown:

FirstHonda and John Dickson like this.
  6. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Might be trying out a 3 point turn,with all the room he has

FirstHonda and John Dickson like this.
  7. John Dickson Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Space for the excessive noxious emissions do disperse safely as well.

SpeedyGee, FirstHonda and Garrydhu like this.
  8. steve4536 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

I was in this position about a year ago, when i drove into a car park with few spaces left. I parked next to someone who straddled 2 bays, which made me do the same. When I came out the other car had gone and it looked like i was the selfish git. So much so, some gutless irate driver left a rather nasty note on my windscreen.
    It's not always as straight forward as it first appears, so I now always give the benefit of the doubt.

9. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    Yes but this person is clearly sat in his and it wouldn't take him long to shuffle over into one spot or other.

10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

Under normal circumstances I'd agree with you @steve4536 but not in this case (weirdly, there wasn't anybody in the car @SpeedyGee).

In that car park there are only six spaces on either side. Given how the other cars are parked, this guy must have just pulled into the middle of two that were available.

11. Pottermus Valued Contributor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

I straddle two bays quite frequently when I do my food shop.

For such a large ASDA store they only have around twenty parent and child bays and having two kids who both use car seats I'm unable to open the door fully in a normal bay so that I can handle the youngest in and out of her seat. When I do have to use two bays I do however try and do it at the far end of the car park rather than near the store entrance.

EDIT: Thinking about it, that's one thing that does annoy me. When I can't find a child friendly bay and see people who are either on their own or have a 15 year old with them and park in the limited parking spaces.

Garrydhu and legend-ary like this.
  12. dbrooks65 Senior Member ★ ★ ☆ ☆ ☆

Scotland Dave glasgow
    This happened to me yesterday. I had just parked in a parent and child space (2 young kids on board) and a pretty lady parked next to me in an Audi A5 coupe - no kids, last parent and child space. I'm always mindful to give the benefit of the doubt as she could be meeting husband and children in the store so needs the wide space for their return to the car.

But, no. She returned at the same time and us with bags of shopping but no kids. Selfish gits.

13. legend-ary Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Legend The Big Smoke
    Oops

FirstHonda and Garrydhu like this.
  14. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

When God made us, he didn't forget the idiots needed for each village,town,hamlet,,,,,

steve4536 and FirstHonda like this.
  15. RogerH69 Premium Member Club Supporter

South Africa Roger Oxford, UK
    Not sure which of these 2 arrived first. I assume it's the guy on the left. Was of half a mind to stick around to see what happened when he came back...
    export.

FirstHonda likes this.
  16. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

^^ That's fantastic @RogerH69 :Laughing:

I saw a guy squeeze a Toyota Landcruiser into a tiny space this morning (to be fair there weren't any others available) and I was both impressed by how easily he parked it and mystified as to how he was going to open his door. Slowly and carefully was the answer, luckily he was very slim, too!

This is still one of my favourites from The Daily Mash...viewer discretion advised though, as there are naughty words! :lol:

People who know how to f**king park on brink of extinction

RogerH69 likes this.
  17. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Annoys the shite out of me too,that and idiots using disabled bays illegally, see it every week, think security in the bigger supermarkets should ,where possible, get the finger out

18. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    Everyone is at it
    image.

Garrydhu likes this.
  19. garf8v Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Notice the Merc van perfectly parked.....

exec likes this.
  20. Garrydhu Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Dumb and dumber

SpeedyGee likes this.