Electrical & Lights un - opening tail gate and un moving rear wiper arm

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by Chris t, Thursday 12th Sep, 2013.

1. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Good Morning

- 03 plate , 2.4 tourer EX , wondering if there's any electrical link between the two ? ( tail gate / rear wiper arm ) although water jet works fine :Wassat:

thanks

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    CJ maybe able to look up a wiring diagram for you.

I assume all the fuses are OK.

- - - Updated - - -

Moved thread from AOC General Discussion to the 7th Generation Accord section

Chris t likes this.
  3. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Potentially yes .. as it may use the feed to engage and disengage the lock on the tailgate. I don't have access to the WSM at the mo.

I take it you have done a fuse check?

Chris t likes this.
  4. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

no - not checked fuses yet , next job , after disconnecting battery ( as advised on here ) - ( does that screw with Sat Nav or anything else or just clock to reset ? ) assuming that's why it was put into an auction though, as it won't be as easy as a fuse ,previous owner would have checked that first I think.........looks like prev owner has taken inner plates off around that area inside before,but perhaps he only went as far as inspecting the wiring

there's an ECU unit for this on Ebay at the moment ,which is a potential fit ,but its the same serial number as the one given in the ( excellent ) tail lift troubleshoot / fault finder diagram list.....are they easy -ish to fit ?

thanks

Last edited: Thursday 12th Sep, 2013
  5. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    You'd be surprised ! If there's people who can't even change light bulbs in their homes, there must be people who don't know how to check fuses in their cars.

Chris t likes this.
  6. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I won't go in buying parts willy nilly until you know for sure the root cause and it one of pets hates to spend money blindly, so hold fire on that.

If you unplug the battery your ICE won't ask for a code, by the looks of the previous owners has had a butchers at it and gave up that makes be worried to what bodges and workarounds have been done.

PeteMM and Chris t like this.
  7. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Pity its seemed a smooth capable ride , but if I can't get the tailgate open , will have to get rid and will be game set and match to my trusty CDX (once back box done !)

8. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    You may want to get shown to competent electrical sparky to make head and tails of the wiring.. its fixable nothing major , but if you have fried ECU,motor or any other electrical pick up then its mega money.

Chris t likes this.
  9. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

mega money for the part or labour ?......must be some available used / working units out there ?

10. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Parts will be mega expensive even 2nd hand if it's either the motor, ECU or the latch.

11. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Damn - why did they have to over complicate things ??.......just a remote lockable tail lift would have done !!...

12. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Yup when it works it is brilliant and one thing I would miss if I ever parted with mine. Only easy way to know what's wrong is probably at a dealer who can plug the Honda diagnostics machine in and get the fault codes.

Chris t likes this.
  13. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    I wish you were closer we could have this sussed this in a few minutes.. You are not coming up North for business or pleasure are you?

if you are drop me a PM.

Chris t likes this.
  14. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Hi - am I right in thinking that fuse 11 from the interior fuse box is for both back and front wiper arms ? it definitely knocked the fronts out when I removed it

15. Chris t Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Which fuse would control the rear wiper arm ? ...the actual water jet works ok

16. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    Remove the fuse cover bud there is a sticker inside it and it will list the icon and location.