Body, Paint & Styling Underseal..?

Discussion in '7th Generation (2003-2008) [Acura TSX]' started by AccordMavman, Saturday 12th Mar, 2016.

1. AccordMavman Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom James Cheshire
    Hi all
    I gave my 7th Generation a thorough spring clean this week, and noticed that some of the underseal on the trailing edge of the front wheelarches has come off, showing a layer of paint underneath. There's no sign of corrosion in this area yet but I clearly need to sort it. I never had this issue with my 6th Generation even after 14 years and wonder if any other 7th Generation owners have experienced this? I have also noticed some light corrosion in a couple of places, such as the rear suspension turrets and the offside rear arch which will also need sorting. Are these also problem areas on 7th gens? The service book seems to indicate there's a 12 year corrosion warranty for the chassis with no annual inspection required. Is it worth my while taking her to Honda to get this addressed, or not? Anyone any experience of having this done under this warranty? Any help or guidance would be much appreciated... :help: