Off-Topic Understanding Wife/Gf or not?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Blue Toffee, Wednesday 2nd Apr, 2014.

1. Blue Toffee Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

So here is my question, how many of you guys here actually tell your other half what the mods cost on your car?....or are you economical with the truth like me, as I know for a fact I wouldn't get away with what I do if she knew the real cost as she would see it as some new doors or oak flooring etc etc .
  2. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Swings and roundabouts...
    Do you know how much she spends on clothes and shoes and she'll be passing on these traits to your daughters.
    So a few £'s here and there on your baby is fine
  3. AccordCU2 Premium Member Club Supporter

I am lucky because my wife does not notice things ha ha.
    I installed rear spoiler and she never noticed but I did tell her after few days.
  4. Ichiban Founder Staff Team

England CJ Leeds
    My wife can spot things from miles away .. I gave her the art of finding stuff in a jiffy . me and my big job :telloff:. There is nothing you can hide from that women, but I just do it have a cold war for a few days then it business as usual. LOL
    MickyB and AccordCU2 like this.
  5. Blue Toffee Club Member ★ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Mine is pretty frugal when it comes to spending on herself, she would rather spend it on the house (which we are renovating) or my girls, but the sh*t would hit the fan if she found what I actually spend on detailing products, oil changes/servicing, remaps, mods etc, luckily she doesn't have a clue how much these cost so I can fob her off with any number....yeah bad I know, but trust me its for an easy life.
    Nels likes this.
  6. Nels Moderator Staff Team

Survival is the name of the game :Rolf:
  7. Duc de Pommfrit Moderator Staff Team

United Kingdom Chester Northumberland
    My wife never takes any notice of what I buy and never questions what things costs.
  8. DeviateDefiant Co-Founder Staff Team

United Kingdom Leo Northants
    The other half has come to accept there's no stopping me when I've got something in my head that I want to do.

I said yesterday paying off Cheshire Oaks and recovery my car cost £350 and I spent another £150 on service items, she just proceeded to tell me she needed a hair cut and a lift the next day. Pretty much sums it all up. She doesn't really bat an eyelid except to say "you love your car more than me".
  9. Nels Moderator Staff Team

You've got a good lady there.:Smile:
    After 35 years, 'the boss' knows what I'm like and let's me get on with it. :Tea:
    I still haven't found a Tardis that looks like a wardrobe though...:Frown:
    Last edited: Wednesday 2nd Apr, 2014
  10. FirstHonda Premium Member Club Supporter

There was a time when I thought my wife was understanding...she'd buy shoes and clothes, I'd get cars...but as she is now my ex-wife I guess not :Rolf: