Tyres & Wheels Uneven tyre wear

Discussion in '2nd Generation (2002-2006)' started by deejay451, Thursday 2nd Jul, 2015.

1. deejay451 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

United Kingdom deejay451 luton
    Discovered by Honda today; the rear offside brake looks as if it's been getting stuck on as the wear is well above the rear nearside, I mention this in passing, I know how to fix that. The problem is uneven tyre wear. All four were renewed last year at the same time, and I've checked pressures occasionally with nothing untoward. Now, the tread depth measured at three places across the tyres are as follows:-
    Nearside front 5.5.5.
    Offside front 6.6.6.
    Nearside rear 7.7.7.
    Offside rear 7.7.7.
    Not too worried about the difference between front and rear (should have rotated earlier) , but don't see why there should be a difference between the two fronts and so evenly across each of them.
    I have not rotated any tyres; and they were all Michellin Latitudes
    Anyone any ideas?

2. SpeedyGee Administrator Staff Team

England Speedy Birmingham
    I'm not sure it's anything to worry about as the wear is even across the tyre, it may even be a rounding error :Smile:.

You could perhaps rotate the front two from one side to the other for a while before rotating back to front.

3. deejay451 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

I agree that would be sensible; I just can't understand that even wear pattern.

4. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Would the fact that roundabouts put more load on NSF have anything to do with it?

5. deejay451 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

Now thats an interesting theory; I don't drive the car hard, but over a few months I suppose it could wear like that. Have other owners noticed an effect like this?

Nighthawk likes this.
  6. Dave Expert Advisor ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Big CR-V high up more body roll than a car will put more pressure on that tyre can't say I've really noticed in the accord but I've never measured tyre tread and compared.

7. deejay451 Junior Member ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆

That could also account for the heavier wear on the fronts generally. I think I'll have to swap the fronts over pretty quick and rotate them when the fronts have evened out. Thanks for the input.